Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Undergrad] WSU Med Place Offers 2017

sn1p

WSU Alum
According to the 2017 timetable for the course "Foundations of Medicine 1" for the medicine degree, there happens to be a lecture on the 13th of Feb. Any idea why this is? Thanks in advance. Allocate+ Timetable <---- here is the link

For everyone who's accepting their WSU offer:
1) CONGRATULATIONS! Looking forward to meeting you all this year :)
2) Join the Facebook group - www.facebook.com/groups/361391930874878/ (Western Sydney U Medicine 2017-2021 if link doesn't work)
3) Ignore anything to do with Allocate+; your timetables will updated before each relevant week. Just look at the welcome letter and whatever else they've emailed you and follow all instructions there. I think the week of 13th February you guys will have Orientation Week, in which you'll get a taste of what your weekly timetables will look like and a general idea of everything. Actual classes start the week of 20th February.

I'm happy to take any further questions if anyone's confused :)

Last edited by a moderator:

iMMO

WSU MBBS V
For everyone who's accepting their WSU offer:
1) CONGRATULATIONS! Looking forward to meeting you all this year :)
2) Join the Facebook group - 需要安全验证 (Western Sydney U Medicine 2017-2021 if link doesn't work)
3) Ignore anything to do with Allocate+; your timetables will updated before each relevant week. Just look at the welcome letter and whatever else they've emailed you and follow all instructions there. I think the week of 13th February you guys will have Orientation Week, in which you'll get a taste of what your weekly timetables will look like and a general idea of everything. Actual classes start the week of 20th February.

I'm happy to take any further questions if anyone's confused :)
The 2013 final exam on vUWS seems interesting hahaha! Are questions still similar to that?/Is it possible to get past papers from 2014/15/16?

sn1p

WSU Alum
The 2013 final exam on vUWS seems interesting hahaha! Are questions still similar to that?/Is it possible to get past papers from 2014/15/16?

1) Yes and no - more details during PASS, anatomy mentoring or some other time ;)
2) If they don't have them up, probably not

First time an incoming meddie's preparing for finals before the year's even started

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
1) Yes and no - more details during PASS, anatomy mentoring or some other time ;)

First time an incoming meddie's preparing for finals before the year's even started

That might be because @iMMO has a brother who just graduated from WSU medicine, ha!

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
God is this even fair????

Given that he took the UMAT four times (I think!) to get in, I'd say his karma approximately evens out.

iMMO

WSU MBBS V

Lmao, I was just on vUWS checking out the forms and since Ive completed a Med Sci degree I was curious as to how much stuff I had learnt before.

sn1p

WSU Alum
Lmao, I was just on vUWS checking out the forms and since Ive completed a Med Sci degree I was curious as to how much stuff I had learnt before.

Key thing is will you still remember all of it by the time finals swing around ????????????????????

LBoG

BMedSci/MD-JMP II UoN
Got a phone call with an unbonded offer today, but decided to decline it in favour of my bonded offer at UoN.

Offer: yes
Bonded/unbonded: unbonded
GPA: 7.0
UMAT: 99th%ile, 61/81/62
Special consideration: none
WS: no

Isabel from the SoM will be calling the next in line! Good luck!!

sn1p

WSU Alum
Got a phone call with an unbonded offer today, but decided to decline it in favour of my bonded offer at UoN.

:(

iMMO

WSU MBBS V

Yamster

Dental Moderator
Emeritus Staff

Late to the party but this is just for stats and future hope of those who didn't score UMAT's in the crazy percentiles

Offer: Yes
ATAR/GPA: 7.0
UMAT: 84%'ile (61,71,42) 174
Special Consideration: None
Bonded/Unbonded: Unbonded CSP

Deferred place while chasing post grad in home state (VIC)

iMMO

WSU MBBS V
Late to the party but this is just for stats and future hope of those who didn't score UMAT's in the crazy percentiles

ATAR/GPA: 7.0
UMAT: 84%'ile (61,71,42) 174
Special Consideration: None
Bonded/Unbonded: Unbonded CSP

Deferred place while chasing post grad in home state (VIC)
Congrats! and good luck with Post-grad! Hope I don't see you next year! (Implying you get postgrad and hence don't need to come to WSU). Also, you never needed high %ill for WSU or JMP. Your WSU combo score is quite high!

dghdhdh

ATAR/GPA: 6.792
UMAT: 97th% - 193 (63, 77, 53)
Special Consideration: GWS
Bonded/Unbonded: Unbonded

Edit - I'm a current/graduating WSU Student and so I already have an account. My account got updated with an offer so I found out a day early.
Hi, if you don't mind me asking but what uni and undergraduate degree did you do before you received an offer from WSu?