Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Incoming Students

I know this may seem as a stupid and pointless question but for the Dent timetable at Griffith, is there any way you can download it onto iCal, so you don't always have to access it on the internet? Also, I know its been discussed already but are the last two years of the program CSP or Full fee, as the website wasn't clear? IF they are full fee paying, you can still get a FEE-HELP loan right? Thanks!

Shinae

Heyy I'm starting dentistry this year as well. The last two years are full fee but we will be able to get FEE-HELP loan as it is ~110k$. Sorry I don't know about the timetable thing. Are you a school leaver or are you transferring from another uni?

Shinae

Yeah I'm trying to apply as well. I still don't have my official transcript so I'm waiting for it. Also my timetable sucks :( because many of the classes are full already. Anyway I will see you on campus someday hahaha

Harry99

I'm also trying to enroll but its seems that nearly all the classes are full and so I cant enroll at all :( Not sure what to do right now :/

This is happened to me also. The university says that this is quite normal, and that more places will become available over the coming days/ weeks. So make sure you regularly check. However, if your classes are still full a week or two before enrollments close, follow the steps outlined here: Full class and additional timetabling information . Hope this helps!

Thanks Harry! Hopefully more places do become available hahaha. I just checked today and I was finally able to enroll in at least one of the classes :)

Yh I'm applying for anat and physiology plus chemistry- at Adelaide uni there's a foundation Chem course and a normal Chem course depending on whether u did it in yr 12 but apparently the Griffith uni Chem course is equivalent to the foundation one. Thus I might try and appeal to get credit cos I don't see how I can't get credit for doing the normal Chem course haha :)

Harry99

Yh I'm applying for anat and physiology plus chemistry- at Adelaide uni there's a foundation Chem course and a normal Chem course depending on whether u did it in yr 12 but apparently the Griffith uni Chem course is equivalent to the foundation one. Thus I might try and appeal to get credit cos I don't see how I can't get credit for doing the normal Chem course haha :)

Let us know how the credit request goes? I'm curious :)

Shinae

Just curious, but what subjects are you guys applying credit for? I'm trying for 1001 MSC, 1005 MSC and 1015 MSC
Chemistry 1 (1001MSC), anatomy and physiology 1 & 2 (1016MSC & 1017MSC) and communication (1008DOH) have been approved so far. I am still waiting on cells, tissues and regulation (1014MSC).

Reactions: Jnh

If we do get credit for our subjects, will the marks from our previous degree carry over? Will those grades be part of our new dent degree?

Harry99

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys getting credit? What have you done in the past that has allowed you to have credit?