Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Incoming Students

Harry99

I though Griffith only accepts Year 12 school leavers and gap students, but not non standard students.

I think they aren't talking about the Bachelor of Medical Science. I think they are talking about postgraduate health programs (i.e. Graduate Diploma of Dentistry).

Oooooh I did optometry for one year as well. Were you at UNSW too? hahahah :p
I didn't request for 1016MSC, 1017 MSC and 1008DOH though :/ If you are from UNSW what courses did we do in first year that corresponds to anatomy and physiology, communication and cells + regulations??? Maybe ill request credit for those classes to then haha

Shinae

Oooooh I did optometry for one year as well. Were you at UNSW too? hahahah :p
I didn't request for 1016MSC, 1017 MSC and 1008DOH though :/ If you are from UNSW what courses did we do in first year that corresponds to anatomy and physiology, communication and cells + regulations??? Maybe ill request credit for those classes to then haha
Actually, I went to QUT so the program would have been different. You can check out the credit precedent database on Griffith website to see if you have done equivalent courses at UNSW. Good luck with your application :)

I just did human biology IA/IB and chemistry
also guys! is there any way we can see if the transcript we sent to apply credit for has gone through? I'm just curious, as I sent my documentation a week ago but nothing has happened on the application tracking thing :(

I just did human biology IA/IB and chemistry
also guys! is there any way we can see if the transcript we sent to apply credit for has gone through? I'm just curious, as I sent my documentation a week ago but nothing has happened on the application tracking thing :(
I called them up a few days back. They said that it'll take them about 2 weeks to process it and then they'll also ask you for the hardcopy of the transcript soon after (if you haven't given it in yet) :/

Last edited:

Have you submitted the hardcopy of your official transcript yet? My application is still being processed but they assessed all of the courses except one. I went to the campus and physically submitted the day after submission.

I submitted everything including the hard copy but it still says that they're currently assessing the subjects :(

Then they are probably taking their time assessing. If they have not assessed the same courses before then they would actually look at the course outlines rather than just approving based on the past records.
Yeah :/ I'll call them today, just to see if everything is alright cos today is the last guarantees day of applying for credit :)

Do you think its worth it to apply for credit for all the subjects that we can? I think we have to do at least 3 subjects a semester to get youth allowance. Is it better to only apply for credit for one subject per semester?

Sella

Do you think its worth it to apply for credit for all the subjects that we can? I think we have to do at least 3 subjects a semester to get youth allowance. Is it better to only apply for credit for one subject per semester?

Not sure about that but I was given credit for all the courses I did even when I didn't apply for them. I think you need to be full time in order to get public transport concession and youth allowance.

Sella

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but does anyone know if we're required to wear business casual attire during the 1008DOH seminars or for all dentistry classes?

Spundy

Not sure if this is the right thread to post but does anyone know if we're required to wear business casual attire during the 1008DOH seminars or for all dentistry classes?

Definately for the seminars, labs/pracs/clinic will always have a dress code of some sort. Everything will be covered during orientation :)

Sella

Definately for the seminars, labs/pracs/clinic will always have a dress code of some sort. Everything will be covered during orientation :)

Awesome, thank you! One more question, are we expected to wear business casual in the orientation?