Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Dentistry Entry 2017

But if someone dropped out they'd just give it to the next person on the waiting list (the people who did the interviews already and were ranked according to that) tho?

Yep that's what i thought, really weird. Not to bothered though as i got an offer elsewhere but this may be worth looking into for people who missed out on interviews. The student was tertiary transfer from the uni, so i don't know if that played a part at all. As per their admissions guide, they shouldn't have gotten an advantage but did. Will ring tomorrow just to ask about how that happened.

could it be possible that they ran out of people on the waiting list? it seems very unlikely but it is possible i think?

well assuming they did for whatever reason and had to have a second round, it would make more sense to go down umat rankings list lol.

Reactions: MD

sht

Is it possible they got caught short on interviewees and are now scrambling by getting locals to interview? The original cutoff was 93%tile (much higher than last year), so it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that there were more hedging applicants that got offers elsewhere (including med students).

Called them up and the lady essentially told me that they can't give me info about any other applicants and they don't have an official second round of interviews lol

Toni

Lurker
So the 2nd round offers could be non-official. Does anybody know anyone, who has received placement from this 2nd round offer if there was one?

Alyssia

A bit later in the year to be posting this but I have a friend who got 77 percentile in UMAT last year and was given an interview late February (and got in having missed 2 weeks of semester 1)

kjz

A bit later in the year to be posting this but I have a friend who got 77 percentile in UMAT last year and was given an interview late February (and got in having missed 2 weeks of semester 1)
Is your friend an Adelaide local or interstate?

DDest

UAdel BDS III

I think there was quite a weird situation last year. People were called up quite late for an interview despite having lower UMAT scores than others.

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Thoughts on a 79% from a NZ student for 2018? haha :( wish I had put any effort in, at least a practice test or something!