Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Interview Invites and Dates 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Does anyone know when interview offers for USYD Med/Dent are released?

Did you read the opening post? Dent interview (they call it "assessment") invite info is there. I couldn't find anything on Med, unfortunately.

ETA: oh, you mean, when will you be notified? Perhaps similar to most others in that there's about a month between interview invites and actual interviews. But that's a guess. Subsequent rounds tend to have shorter lead in times, too. We tend to not get much USyd info posted here unfortunately.

ETA2: I just read a (realllllly!) old USyd Med thread where it was mentioned interview invites came out a couple of days before ATAR was released (which sounds a bit weird, but who knows...). From a different thread, it looks like interviews for 2017 entry were approximately the 6th of Jan.

Last edited:

A1

Rookie Doc
ETA2: I just read a (realllllly!) old USyd Med thread where it was mentioned interview invites came out a couple of days before ATAR was released (which sounds a bit weird, but who knows...).

LMG! that's not unusual since the unis are gods and they get access to ATAR results a few days before official release.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
LMG! that's not unusual since the unis are gods and they get access to ATAR results a few days before official release.

I figured that would be the case, that the unis would get the info earlier, it was more the giving out of interviews before the student even knew their own ATAR that I thought was odd. You'd know a few days before everyone else that you got 99.95 :D (a nice problem to have!).

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
I figured that would be the case, that the unis would get the info earlier, it was more the giving out of interviews before the student even knew their own ATAR that I thought was odd. You'd know a few days before everyone else that you got 99.95 :D (a nice problem to have!).

In NSW and Victoria at least, the 99.95ers already know their marks before the others already because they are invited to a special awards ceremony where the top achievers are recognised.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Anyone silly enough to predict interview invites, at least from WSU, to start coming out this week? - I am :D

Haha, I mentioned this elsewhere a couple of days ago! They were late last year, right? WSU info page says mid-Oct to mid-Nov for rolling invite release. Well, it's officially mid-Oct!

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
In NSW and Victoria at least, the 99.95ers already know their marks before the others already because they are invited to a special awards ceremony where the top achievers are recognised.

As you can probably tell, this was not a situation I ever came close to having to deal with ;) :D

Pirsig

Here's to hoping the JMP Invites come out earlier rather than later!

Are they typically via post or email? Apologies if this is easily searchable. Anticipation would be an understatement...

A1

Rookie Doc
Here's to hoping the JMP Invites come out earlier rather than later!
Are they typically via post or email? Apologies if this is easily searchable. Anticipation would be an understatement...

I think all of them come via email now. In my year 2015 only UoN sent by slow mail as a result those in WA received them last, but last year UoN changed to email too.

FED20

Lurker
What UMAT percentile would be needed for UAdel interview this year with only one interview round? Would a mid 80s score get an interview??

A1

Rookie Doc
What UMAT percentile would be needed for UAdel interview this year with only one interview round? Would a mid 80s score get an interview??

I did a quick calculation earlier, there are close to 3,000 students with 85+ %ile and Adel will interview about 800.
If less than a quarter of these 3,000 apply to Adelaide then yes mid 80s can get an interview.

FK3

I did a quick calculation earlier, there are close to 3,000 students with 85+ %ile and Adel will interview about 800.
If less than a quarter of these 3,000 apply to Adelaide then yes mid 80s can get an interview.
May I know how is the 3,000 being estimated for this year? I was looking for overall UMAT candidates stats from ACER but does not find it anywhere.

A1

Rookie Doc

Rafa

Any prediction for UMAT cutoff for rural sub quota for UQ this year? I know form UQ website about previous years but any speculations for 2018?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi there,
I was wondering about the requirements for WSU medicine interviews? I know about the scores for normal students but what about rural students? Any informations appreciated thanks!

A section 1 + section 2 UMAT score in the low 120s or high teens, I believe. The lowest we had reported here that eventually got an offer was 126 total, but it would have gone a little lower than that for interviews (and probably for offers).

ETA: I have the MSO info for interviews written down somewhere and could drag them up if you want a number, but to be honest, it'll still only be representative of those that were reporting to MSO and not definitive.

Last edited:

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Anyone silly enough to predict interview invites, at least from WSU, to start coming out this week? - I am :D

Are you sticking to this and thinking tomorrow afternoon is the time, or should we be looking to next week now? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.