JCU JCU Dentistry: General Discussion

Apply for rural work experience?

• Yes, will increase your chances.

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • No need

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

jiaxing

I am from Townsville, got an A on the QCS, got an OP 4, have had over 3 weeks of work experience at various Dental practices and received references from all 3. My application is quite good (I know that's hard to judge but I had it checked by many people who were impressed) and the references I attached were 2 from the dental practices (in which they both detailed how passionate I am about rural dentistry and health issues) and 1 from my employer and friend who had known me for over half of my life. What are my chances of getting in?

Hey JordossM!

Would you happen to know the lowest GPA for an offer in Dentistry at JCU? I current have a GPA of 6.714, what do you think my chances are?

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Hey JordossM!

Would you happen to know the lowest GPA for an offer in Dentistry at JCU? I current have a GPA of 6.714, what do you think my chances are?

JCU is primarily based on your written application, and eventual interview. I'm sure a GPA of 6.714 puts you in good standing, as the higher the GPA is probably better, but you'll have to ask JCU whether they'll only take your Master's GPA, and not also include the GPA of your undergraduate degree, jiaxing .

JordossM

Hey JordossM!

As indicated by my OP 4, JCU is heavily application based. Your high GPA does put you in good standing, if you've got a high quality application you're a shoe-in. :)

smartgirl

I am from Townsville, got an A on the QCS, got an OP 4, have had over 3 weeks of work experience at various Dental practices and received references from all 3. My application is quite good (I know that's hard to judge but I had it checked by many people who were impressed) and the references I attached were 2 from the dental practices (in which they both detailed how passionate I am about rural dentistry and health issues) and 1 from my employer and friend who had known me for over half of my life. What are my chances of getting in?

Do you know of anyone getting in with a 6?

JordossM

Before you got official offer from QTAC, did you get a courtesy call or email or letter from JCU that informed you a place offer for dentistry?
I did not. I talked to others and that's pretty much an exclusively med thing to receive.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Sithedog

I know that my cousin has to wait til tomorrow but has anyone else received any offer for JCU besides smartgirl. congrats smartgirl as well