Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Interview Invites and Dates 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpfanfiction

Paediatric Healer at St. Mungo's Hospital
Emeritus Staff
Just been invited to UNSW and Monash for interviews, for an interstate should I bother or are my chances so low?
Congrats on those invites :)
If you’d take either offer over your existing ones then go for it
No uni sends invites to people who have little/no chance
(Monash’s non-Vic bias only applies to interview invites , not offers of places )
All the best

Icanttypeasd

Monash BMedSci & MD
University: Monash & UNSW
Course: Med
ATAR/GPA: 99.35
UMAT: 99 (73/70/66)
Special Considerations: none
Application Type: interstate school leaver

Yay!! Won’t be attending UNSW but will be attending Monash

This I like to hear.

Just been invited to UNSW and Monash for interviews, for an interstate should I bother or are my chances so low?

Definetly go to both. There’s always a chance and since the places are reserved for interstate, your chances are decent.

Interview offer

University: Monash
ATAR/GPA: 95.90
UMAT: 93rd 183, 66/55/62
Special Considerations: Rural Interstate
Application Type: Interstate DRL school leaver

Received interview offer for early Jan but couldn't make it, just received another now for late Jan but won't be attending as I have accepted my first preference of JMP

hpfanfiction

Emeritus Staff
since the places are reserved for interstate
Though it’s true that places are set aside for late round offers , they aren’t “reserved for interstate”
(If interstate applicants do worse than expected in interview and the final cutoffs are revised down, then local applicants will get the offers)

hpfanfiction

Emeritus Staff
University: UNSW and Monash
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.95
UMAT: 96th Percentile
Special Considerations: New Zealander
Application Type: School leaver
Congrats on the interview invites and on the ATAR :)
Did you also end up contacting USyd directly ?

lossisimprove

Otago MBChB VI
Hi hpfanfiction. Thanks very much. I did contact USYD but I've decided that I will most likely attend Monash or UNSW and not USYD since I am not that interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree before my medicine degree.

Icanttypeasd

Monash BMedSci & MD
Though it’s true that places are set aside for late round offers , they aren’t “reserved for interstate”
(If interstate applicants do worse than expected in interview and the final cutoffs are revised down, then local applicants will get the offers)

That’s definetly true but generally only the best of interstate get offered so all the spots available for interstate are taken by interstate . I recall 200 ish people for like 50 spots. I met many of my colleagues at the interview. MMI’s allows bonding through shared traumatic experiences!

A1

Rookie Doc
That’s definetly true but generally only the best of interstate get offered so all the spots available for interstate are taken by interstate . I recall 200 ish people for like 50 spots.

I don't think Monash interviewed 200ish interstate students. In my year maybe 100-120 at most and many didn't turn up, to the extent that Monash had to call up more applicants the following week to fly over urgently for a top-up round. And there were second round offers back to Vic students as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.