Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2017 UoA - MBChB Entry Scores & Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I've been a massive lurker on this forum for quite sometime now. Haven't received an offer yet BUT I did received a mini heart attack from UoA after I emailed them this morning to ask for any updates on my application. The reply email from the university read:

Dear XXXX,

We require an updated copy of your official academic transcript for the missing semester two grades that is not showing on the transcript you have previously sent us. We require this document so that we can update the assessment for your application.

To progress your Application for Admission we require the following,
You can upload documents from your Application for Admission.

You can upload only one file against each item in your Application for Admission > Things to do list.

A certified hard copy of these documents may be required at a later time.

Kind regards,
XXXXX
Applications and Admissions

I think there's a massive glitch in the system. At the point before the 1st round offers even came out, my "Application for Admission" page did not allow me to upload my full transcript (button/option to upload was not even displayed on my "things you need to do" list). So I emailed the University my MyEquals link to my full transcript and within a day I was informed (on the "Application for Admission" page) that my application was complete and will undergo review. So after a long period of waitlist silence, I emailed the University, only to find out that they are actually still missing my full transcript. And only after receiving this email did they open up the option for me to upload my transcript onto the "Application for Admission" page.

I'm currently still on the waitlist with my fingers crossed, but I thought I'd share this as a heads up to all the graduate applicants still on the waitlist. Doesn't hurt to drop the University a cheeky email. Hope everyone has a good day :)
Out of curiosity, how did you get on?

Reason being is that my application was declined but following this, on my 'things to do' section it said that they still hadn't recieved my transcript. I called them before being declined to ask if anything else was required from me and they said I didn't need to do anything. I am praying to God the reason I was declined was due to not being good enough rather than an administrative error - you never know. Guess I better call them and find out instead of whining on this forum! haha

Reason being is that my application was declined but following this, on my 'things to do' section it said that they still hadn't recieved my transcript. I called them before being declined to ask if anything else was required from me and they said I didn't need to do anything. I am praying to God the reason I was declined was due to not being good enough rather than an administrative error - you never know. Guess I better call them and find out instead of whining on this forum! haha

Hey! I evetually receieved an offer 3 days later.

Yeah, you probably want to give them a ring and explain your situation. It's better to know for sure!

kek

Lurker
Hey, I got accepted off the waitlist today and noticed that the vca check and police check deadlines are for the 27th I was wondering how long did it take to get those sent back to the university and receive a full offer? Do I need to worry about them not being done in time and if so who should I contact about it,? I have already contacted fmhs email however from my experience with them they take a decent amount of time to respond.

Thanks

Hey, I got accepted off the waitlist today and noticed that the vca check and police check deadlines are for the 27th I was wondering how long did it take to get those sent back to the university and receive a full offer? Do I need to worry about them not being done in time and if so who should I contact about it,? I have already contacted fmhs email however from my experience with them they take a decent amount of time to respond.

Thanks

I received my offer on a Friday and was able to enroll (i.e. VCA & police check completed) first thing on Monday morning. I think the university would be quite wary about their own deadline, but it doesn't hurt to flick them a reminder if it's cutting it too close to the deadline.

Ladybug 7

Thanks
Hey congrats on your offer!!! :clap:Do you mind sharing your stats and if FY/Grad and any entry schemes? :)

Hi guys not sure if anyone else is still waitlisted but does anyone have any clue on whether there is really any more chance of getting an offer cuz i heard from a few of my pals that enrolment has already closed.:(

Rob

House Officer
Emeritus Staff
Hi guys not sure if anyone else is still waitlisted but does anyone have any clue on whether there is really any more chance of getting an offer cuz i heard from a few of my pals that enrolment has already closed.:(

I've heard of people getting offers in the first couple of weeks after the semester starts due to early withdrawals. Hope definitely isn't lost yet! Best of luck :).

Hey guys, I just got an offer a few days ago and when I checked it says the deadline of the offer is 4th - does this mean I have to enrol by tomorrow or I can enrol later as long as I have accepted the offer? Also should I be worried that my police vetting and VCA are still incomplete? Thank you guys so much :)

ChodeW

Is there anyone on the waitlist who hasn't been declined as of now? Maybe we were too far down the list and they're like culling the bottom half or something :(

Ladybug 7

Vongrst
Stay hopeful!!! Just got an offer this morning

Applied for: MBChB
FY/Graduate: FY
GPA (core): 8.25
UMAT raw score: 167
RRAS: No
UTAS: No
MAPAS: No
Interview: Yes
Offer: Waitlisted and offered this morning
Congrats on your exciting news!!! Just wondering were you waitlisted the whole time or waitlisted then declined then offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.