Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Med 2018 Discussion

naji_22

dont understand how bond can say that applications are 'still under review' and confirm that 'everyone got satisfied' if QTAC has said they have processed them and have processed many 'pending', many 'not satisfied' and many 'satisfied' ..... ffs

medtime

I ended up calling QTAC this afternoon as well and I got very similar information to what greenstar did. The person i spoke to said that there were "lots" of applicants who's statuses were not satisfied and that if you had received a satisfied status that you had passed the interview and were in a good position for friday...

MC22

Lurker
Hey guys, just going to give my two cents (not that anyone asked haha)

But assessing the situation, it seems like the only people that received the email are undergrads, am I right in assuming this? Just from going through and looking at age and which days people have commented they were being interviewed, seems as though none of the postgraduates have received this email. Possibly just because the emails were stopped before the postgrads received them. (Also, this would make sense simply because postgrads would be last priority for informing.)

So basically, to disprove the assumption that only undergrads got the email, is there a postgraduate who HAS received the email? Or an undergrad who HASN’T received the email?

BTW I’m a postgrad, who didn’t receive the email.

Marma

I honestly just wish the process would be a lot more transparent, and that there was a clear cut explanation for everything by both Bond and QTAC, given that everyone is going through loads amount of stress and anxiety hearing all this conflicting information. Maybe if Bond and QTAC coordinated a lot better in terms of explaining to students the meaning of the 'satisfied' condition and other components of the process, we wouldn't be in this situation.

GGK

I received a same email. I contacted the Bond admission and she came out with apology. They are playing with our emotions and ridiculously messing things. I am really frustrated.

mcmed

Did any else’s heart sink after seeing their inbox with an email with the subject “Your Bond Medical Program Application - Our apologies”
I received a same email. I contacted the Bond admission and she came out with apology. They are playing with our emotions and ridiculously messing things. I am really frustrated.
This is the final hurdle for applying to Bond, the hidden emotional intelligence test. Will you become a nervous wreck in the face of bad news, or will you take it with aplomb?

mcmed

Feels like we should consolidate everything because there are a lot of confused voices recently.

Basically there was a system error which resulted in emails intended for applicants who completed psychometric testing but didn't receive an interview being wrongly sent to applicants who completed the interview. An email was sent out to correct the misinformation. THIS EMAIL IS NOTHING BAD. Everything is as before.

As for the QTAC status situation, there is a 99% likelihood that a 'Satisifed' status means you will get an offer on Friday. 'Pending' means you may be in the running for a 2nd round offer. There were 16 2nd round offers made last year, as helpfully pointed out by rmed4949. 'Not satisifed' means you likely won't receive an offer.

Are u from Brisbane?
Yes. I'd imagine interstate applicants will receive the letter tomorrow or something.

EDIT: Credit where credit is due. Thanks rmed4949!
For anyone whos interested, 16 2nd round offers were made last year according to bond (i found this out during interviews)

Last edited:

James Robinson

Bond MD II
Guys, after reading the letter I think none of us should be worried. It clearly seems to be for people who sat the psychometric test but didn't receive an interview offer. Relax and let's wait till Friday :)

Mollyyumo

Guys, after reading the letter I think none of us should be worried. It clearly seems to be for people who sat the psychometric test but didn't receive an interview offer. Relax and let's wait till Friday :)
Do you mind sending a photo/ writing what the letter says? I am interstate so I haven't got the letter yet :(