Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Med 2018 Discussion

medtime

Feels like we should consolidate everything because there are a lot of confused voices recently.

Basically there was a system error which resulted in emails intended for applicants who completed psychometric testing but didn't receive an interview being wrongly sent to applicants who completed the interview. An email was sent out to correct the misinformation. THIS EMAIL IS NOTHING BAD. Everything is as before.

As for the QTAC status situation, there is a 99% likelihood that a 'Satisifed' status means you will get an offer on Friday. 'Pending' means you may be in the running for a 2nd round offer. There were 16 2nd round offers made last year, as helpfully pointed out by another member (who I will give credit to in a sec). 'Not satisifed' means you likely won't receive an offer.

Yes. I'd imagine interstate applicants will receive the letter tomorrow or something.

I would really love to know why Bond has given completely different information though. When I spoke to QTAC they were adamant that "Satisfied" simply did not mean that you had completed the interview because many other applicants have received "not satisfied" after completing it. The conflicting information is causing a rollercoaster of emotions!

mcmed

I would really love to know why Bond has given completely different information though. When I spoke to QTAC they were adamant that "Satisfied" simply did not mean that you had completed the interview because many other applicants have received "not satisfied" after completing it. The conflicting information is causing a rollercoaster of emotions!
QTAC employees are more likely to give non-committal or vague answers just in case something does happen to the contrary, it's just a safety net for them. They deal with many different courses all with varying rules for how satisfied statuses affect offers, so some not familiar with Bond in particular likely operate off of general advice.

Do you mind sending a photo/ writing what the letter says? I am interstate so I haven't got the letter yet :(
Here you are.
Bond Alternative Pathways Letter.jpg

Last edited:

Sam42

It was targeted for those who were invited to do the psychometric test but failed to progress to the next stage (interview). The letter/email in relation to this really shouldn't worry anyone - it was just a clear admin issue. Just keep your fingers and toes crossed for a smooth QTAC/Bond offer release on Friday morning (and no other emails with a suspicious and heart stopping subject line) :)

OnionBoy

Guys,

I’ll be honest, I’d like to find out early too... But Bond did give us a date for our official offer email - the 16th. We kind of made ourselves feel worked up by trying to investigate early. Lets just wait and see what happens Friday like we assumed originally.

greenstar

Guys, I just received some bad news :(

I ended up actually emailing Bond at medicine-admissions@bond etc and I just received their reply. The email says the following:

"The QTAC status was changed for every candidate who attended/completed the interview. The new status is not a reflection of an individual's result of the interview as applications are still under consideration. Once the Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine has finalized all decisions, first round offers will be sent this Friday. Any update to QTAC statuses, reflecting the outcome, will be made following this date. Should you know of anyone querying a "Pending" status, kindly direct them to contact us via this email address."

Btw this was sent by the admissions officer. So Jeff who still had pending should email them to get it sorted.
Now all we can do is wait knowing that there is nothing more that we can do :)

Hi Arjun,

With Bond saying the status changed for everyone, do you know if they meant that everyone's changed from "selected for interview but outcome not yet determined"
- to satisfied, or
- to either satisfied, not satisfied or pending?

It's okay if you don't know. With all this going on I feel like Friday just couldn't come sooner hey?

Hang in there everyone!

James Robinson

Bond MD II
Hi Arjun,

With Bond saying the status changed for everyone, do you know if they meant that everyone's changed from "selected for interview but outcome not yet determined"
- to satisfied, or
- to either satisfied, not satisfied or pending?

It's okay if you don't know. With all this going on I feel like Friday just couldn't come sooner hey?

Hang in there everyone!

Everyone had their status changed from outcome not yet determined to satisfied.

tridiumk

How QTAC can claim they have 3 categories of statuses, seems incorrect. How can they say there a heaps of Satisfied, Pending, and Not Satisfied...? How can there be heaps of Pending... assuming those are for 2nd round offers... They wouldnt know how many 2nd round, if any, offers are up for grabs... lesson to be learned from all this 1) Bond will know a LOT more than QTAC, so listen to Bond's advice, which appears to be "QTAC dont have the results, wait till Friday", 2) Bond isnt stuffing people around or giving misinformation.. they have been clear from the start... wait till Friday. Its a tough time for us all, but trying to figure out who got in, before Bond has chosen who gets in, is just getting your hopes up, which could be dashed in 40 hours from now. Do what i have done, expect the worst, and make sure you have a backup plan.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
How QTAC can claim they have 3 categories of statuses, seems incorrect. How can they say there a heaps of Satisfied, Pending, and Not Satisfied...? How can there be heaps of Pending... assuming those are for 2nd round offers... They wouldnt know how many 2nd round, if any, offers are up for grabs... lesson to be learned from all this 1) Bond will know a LOT more than QTAC, so listen to Bond's advice, which appears to be "QTAC dont have the results, wait till Friday", 2) Bond isnt stuffing people around or giving misinformation.. they have been clear from the start... wait till Friday. Its a tough time for us all, but trying to figure out who got in, before Bond has chosen who gets in, is just getting your hopes up, which could be dashed in 40 hours from now. Do what i have done, expect the worst, and make sure you have a backup plan.

Not QTAC, but...

I can confirm that UAC made multiple coding/status update errors this year (and probably do every year). For example, mine randomly changed to say that I had not met academic requirements for JMP, but then I received a JMP offer in the first round. Advice from the universities at the time was that UAC officers assigned codes quite randomly and to take very little notice of them outside official offer release periods.

Last edited:

Woo18

Qtac statuses will always say satisfied if you have satisfied the requirements to be considered for an offer. I have seen multiple students accounts who satisfied requirements but didnt recieve an offer owing to not being competitive enough to recieve one. For example Medical imaging at QUT requires an OP 1 not every student that applied and recieved an OP 1 recieved an offer as it is a competitive course and QTAC and QUT both stated that field positions would be used to determine offers. Hope this helps and best of luck to everyone waiting to hear from Bond.

Marma

Anyone else find out about that letter posted by bond ?

If you read from earlier, that letter was directed towards the 240 people that made it to the psychometric test but didn't make the cut. But for whatever reason, the university accidentally sent it to those who got the interview. There is a screenshot in an earlier page which shows the letter, and it's clearly directed towards that group.