Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Canadian applying for dentistry in Australia

AA1121

Hi everyone!
I am new to the forums and have decided to apply for dentistry in Australia. So far I have submitted my application to CSU, Adelaide and Griffiths. I applied to Queensland as well but was told that I do not meet the minimum GPA requirement of 6.5 (my GPA is 3.5/4.0 so I am not sure how it was converted). I am leaning more towards CSU and Griffiths since the tuition and living expenses at Adelaide will be close to half a million dollars. I was just wondering if someone could tell me about their experiences studying dentistry at any of the three universities, I have applied to. My transcripts have already been assessed by Adelaide and CSU and I have been invited for a skype interview at CSU and have also been deemed eligible to register for the PQA, which is required for Adelaide. I tried contacting Griffiths to find out the requirements but was told it will be assessed on a case by case basis, so I am a bit unsure what their requirements were and was wondering if I have a good chance with my GPA.

Hey,

I'm looking to apply for MD programs after writing the GAMSAT this September. If you haven't already, check out Oztrekk- they have been very helpful and i've only scratched the surface with questions as i'm still a little ways away from applying.

Hi everyone!
I am new to the forums and have decided to apply for dentistry in Australia. So far I have submitted my application to CSU, Adelaide and Griffiths. I applied to Queensland as well but was told that I do not meet the minimum GPA requirement of 6.5 (my GPA is 3.5/4.0 so I am not sure how it was converted). I am leaning more towards CSU and Griffiths since the tuition and living expenses at Adelaide will be close to half a million dollars. I was just wondering if someone could tell me about their experiences studying dentistry at any of the three universities, I have applied to. My transcripts have already been assessed by Adelaide and CSU and I have been invited for a skype interview at CSU and have also been deemed eligible to register for the PQA, which is required for Adelaide. I tried contacting Griffiths to find out the requirements but was told it will be assessed on a case by case basis, so I am a bit unsure what their requirements were and was wondering if I have a good chance with my GPA.

Hi,

I was in a similar situation to you a couple years ago and was accepted in to GU. I had 3.7ish GPA, I know a couple people that got in with a 3.5. The average is probably around 3.6 . Also depends on your background, theres some students with masters and PHD's, some with bachelors. I would apply and see what happens. Where are you from?

AA1121

Hi,

I was in a similar situation to you a couple years ago and was accepted in to GU. I had 3.7ish GPA, I know a couple people that got in with a 3.5. The average is probably around 3.6 . Also depends on your background, theres some students with masters and PHD's, some with bachelors. I would apply and see what happens. Where are you from?

I am from Calgary and so far I have a bachelor's degree but am considering doing a masters in Physics in case I am not accepted this year. I was just wondering what your experience has been so far, studying at Griffiths. Are the courses/exams difficult? Or is the experience quite similar to what we find here in North America?

I am from Calgary and so far I have a bachelor's degree but am considering doing a masters in Physics in case I am not accepted this year. I was just wondering what your experience has been so far, studying at Griffiths. Are the courses/exams difficult? Or is the experience quite similar to what we find here in North America?

Nice I'm from Alberta as well. First year isn't too bad. You have to do some med courses along with your dentistry courses. Overall, I would say its easier than undergrad in Canada because you aren't gunning for a 4.0 and you can just pass, which is pretty easy. Although i've heard it gets a lot harder in second year. And third year is probably the hardest because you're in the clinic for 8-10 hours, 5 days a week and studying on top of that for your courses.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads