Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Otago Halls of Residence

AoEAoC

Does anyone's hall status still say "transfer"?
the scholarship offers came out on oct 3rd and halls coming up on 8th!
Oh, I spoke to a friend who visited Dunedin recently and she got told the offers are released this Saturday but that's still only a 2 day difference. :)

yaya

oh website says 8th! how'd y'all go in scholarships! I managed to get the leaders of tommorow 8k one but heaps of my friends missed out even though they got excellence through yr12.
does anyone know anything about waitlists for scholarships?

oh website says 8th! how'd y'all go in scholarships! I managed to get the leaders of tommorow 8k one but heaps of my friends missed out even though they got excellence through yr12.
Congrats! I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as waitlists for scholarships? They all got announced on the 3rd, and if people decline, they probably wouldn't offer it again to the next candidate? Someome pls correct me if I'm wrong...

AoEAoC

Good job! I didn't apply for any scholarships this year, which is one of my biggest regrets, I have E's for everything so far in L3 and last year I got mostly E's too. It's just I didn't have many "impressive" extra curricular activities to back up my application so I didn't think there was any point in applying as i probably wouldn't get it xd. But congrats on your success though!!!

BJMC28

What is everyone's status on? Mine has never changed from completed application and I don't know if that's good or bad....

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Just for the record:

In my year, there were definitely waitlists for the scholarships (at least, in my case, I was on the waitlist for the big one while being on the LoT schol).
Interestingly, I've known many people decline the big scholarship, and yet I've not heard anybody moving up the scholarship waitlist, per se.

Best of luck to all of you for next year!

Bootleg

Yes, for 2018 there are wait-lists for scholarships.
upload_2018-10-6_12-45-18-png.2208

Just for the record:

In my year, there were definitely waitlists for the scholarships (at least, in my case, I was on the waitlist for the big one while being on the LoT schol).
Interestingly, I've known many people decline the big scholarship, and yet I've not heard anybody moving up the scholarship waitlist, per se.

Best of luck to all of you for next year!
How do you find out if you were on the waitlist or not? Do you only know if you get offered it?

Oh, I spoke to a friend who visited Dunedin recently and she got told the offers are released this Saturday but that's still only a 2 day difference. :)
My halls status also says 'transfer'. I applied on the day they opened. I wonder what the difference is between transfer and completed application. My worry nuggets have been rearing themselves hard these past few days...good luck to everyone!

yaya

hope they tell ussss tomorrow

Slimy

Hi all...I received the offer for UniCol accomodation at the Forth Street Mews. Although not quite my top choice. Can anyone please advise if Forth Street Mews is good enough place ? What should I expect there in terms of environment & food & student mix ? (I see not much of good reviews on UniCol here). I am looking for a good mix of study environment + fun place....since am aiming for Med next year. Not sure if I should decline....as that could be risky as to not having any accommodation at all. (and yes I have a good set of headphones to zone out). Can anyone please help ??? Thank you

CopperCat

Hi guys :) I was in Carrington this year just gone, so if anyone wants any advice/tips/info about halls or Carrington in particular then feel free to message me