Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Adelaide Medicine 2019

tr0mb0ne

Lurker
Hey, everyone! This is my first post so sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section!

So I'm an international student who's doing MUFY onshore and have just finished the PQA and the interview for medicine. If I can recall correctly, the first round offers for medicine come out early to mid November? The thing is my MUFY overall result comes out early December! Is this going to affect whether or not I get a place? Should I just apply with my sem 1 results?

jenchu

Hey everyone,
I got my offers for MBBS today but it seems pretty strange since the first round offers were usually given out from early November? Has anyone else received offers?

KuroShion

UAdel BDS I Hardcore Foodie
Unfortunately a BDS here (not MBBS), but yeah just received an offer couple of minutes ago as well... things are real quick this year.

jenchu

Unfortunately a BDS here (not MBBS), but yeah just received an offer couple of minutes ago as well... things are real quick this year.
aw, congrats!!!! thanks for letting me know, i was lowkey anxious bc offers were released so early ahah

wlfkf

Lurker
Hey everyone,
I got my offers for MBBS today but it seems pretty strange since the first round offers were usually given out from early November? Has anyone else received offers?

I don't mean to be creepy or anything but do you use the site 'Instiz' cos I just read a post about someone getting accepted into UofA medicine course.

jenchu

I don't mean to be creepy or anything but do you use the site 'Instiz' cos I just read a post about someone getting accepted into UofA medicine course.
nah its okay but i dont think whoever you are talking about isnt me soz :(

tr0mb0ne

Lurker
Hey guys, just wondering but what exactly do they mean by "offers are given out on a rolling basis? Does it literally mean 'first come first serve'?

If so, shucks cuz I applied really really late :(:(

beanbean

Does anyone know if the second round of offers have been made ? Are there priority given to international students who are currently staying in adelaide ?

KuroShion

Hey guys, just wondering but what exactly do they mean by "offers are given out on a rolling basis? Does it literally mean 'first come first serve'?

If so, shucks cuz I applied really really late :(:(

(I'm not a MBBS student, BDS here but the process is similar so I'll just answer I guess)
No, that is not the case, it is unfair if they do that. It basically means that people they place on the ranking list higher will receive it first before their deadline is up and the next round of most eligible people receive the remaining offers left over from the first round. This continues until all are given out. So it doesn't matter when you applied as long as you didn't miss the deadlines.

KuroShion

Does anyone know if the second round of offers have been made ? Are there priority given to international students who are currently staying in adelaide ?

From the couple of med friends I have, yes 2nd round was out and the deadline for 2nd round offers was due a couple of days ago as well. As far as I know there is no priority in any aspect whatsoever.

From the couple of med friends I have, yes 2nd round was out and the deadline for 2nd round offers was due a couple of days ago as well. As far as I know there is no priority in any aspect whatsoever.

Oh... How do your friends know about the rounds of offers? I'm so nervous waiting for the offer, feels like my hope is diminishing every passing day.

jenchu

Oh... How do your friends know about the rounds of offers? I'm so nervous waiting for the offer, feels like my hope is diminishing every passing day.

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that there's probably gonna be third round offers, bc my first round offer deadline isn't until the 15th (?? somewhere around then) of December. So hopefully that means after that date there may be some empty places!? I can't guarantee, best of luck though!