Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UTAS UTAS Medicine: Entry Information and Discussion

ShipWracked

Last year, anyway, the applications (bonded and non-bonded) weren’t separated. It was just one MBBS application. Is that not the case this year?

That said, Kaw8 is also confused by this, so I don’t think that’s the answer.

I distinctly remember (though I could be wrong :p ) having to preference unbonded and bonded as my number 1/2 course choices in my application.

UTas seems to be very confusing this year thats for sure haha

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I distinctly remember (though I could be wrong :p ) having to preference unbonded and bonded as my number 1/2 course choices in my application.

UTas seems to be very confusing this year thats for sure haha

Yeah, that was the case for 2017 entry, and then it wasn't for 2018 entry. And now they're back to it for 2019 entry? Oh my! Thank you!

Congratulations everyone, I have only received an initial password notification email from enrolments@utas, it gives me a student ID and password, what does the offer email look like? I don't want to assume I have got an offer, can anyone tell me what their offer email had as subject??

Can anyone help Cocoa out?

Last edited:

Nkap

Last year, anyway, the applications (bonded and non-bonded) weren’t separated. It was just one MBBS application. Is that not the case this year?

That said, Kaw8 is also confused by this, so I don’t think that’s the answer.
From my application, it is the same this year- there is a question in the application which asks whether you would consider a BMP to which you reply yes or no. That's all

ShipWracked

From my application, it is the same this year- there is a question in the application which asks whether you would consider a BMP to which you reply yes or no. That's all

Yes i had that as well, but after that stage when you are ordering your courses they appear as two separate courses bonded and unbonded which can then be rearranged in terms of preference right?

Nkap

Yes i had that as well, but after that stage when you are ordering your courses they appear as two separate courses bonded and unbonded which can then be rearranged in terms of preference right?
No I just had the MBBS (M3N) as the one and only preference. There was no separate bonded/unbonded. Are you sure/ can you check again?

ShipWracked

No I just had the MBBS (M3N) as the one and only preference. There was no separate bonded/unbonded. Are you sure/ can you check again?

Yup in my application form i have a bonded and unbonded version of the program that I could rearrange, i've attached a picture below

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-22_11-0-58.png
    upload_2018-12-22_11-0-58.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 30

Nkap

Yeah when I search up the course both appear as options I can select.

A mystery indeed hahaha :p
Hopefully I am not the only one with this problem otherwise I may have a stuffed application :(
Do you mind if I ask if you are rural and which state your from, not that it will help solve this but maybe if your Tasmanian?

ShipWracked

Hopefully I am not the only one with this problem otherwise I may have a stuffed application :(
Do you mind if I ask if you are rural and which state your from, not that it will help solve this but maybe if your Tasmanian?

I'm sure it will be fine! UTas seems to be really inconsistent in how they do things so I wouldn't be surprised if they had different application forms or something.

Re questions: No I'm not rural and I'm a highschool leaver from NSW
Hope that helps!

Kaw8

Oh, if there was actually a separate course selection for an unbonded spot, I think I may have missed it as I have only selected the bonded one. My thought was that they would consider an unbonded spot for you if your scores were satisfactory.

upload_2018-12-22_11-51-6.png

Nkap

Oh, if there was actually a separate course selection for an unbonded spot, I think I may have missed it as I have only selected the bonded one. My thought was that they would consider an unbonded spot for you if your scores were satisfactory.

View attachment 2503
Don't know if this will make a difference but you can still add the unbonded course into your preferences.

A1

Rookie Doc
Oh, if there was actually a separate course selection for an unbonded spot, I think I may have missed it as I have only selected the bonded one.

As Nkap said add the unbonded course if you can then contact UTas to see if they would upgrade your offer. You need to explain it was a mistake you didn't include it plus an applicant with lower ATAR & UMAT has been offered unbonded.

Kaw8

Congratulations everyone, I have only received an initial password notification email from enrolments@utas, it gives me a student ID and password, what does the offer email look like? I don't want to assume I have got an offer, can anyone tell me what their offer email had as subject??
The email subject was "University of Tasmania Online Application 2019: Offer Received". To view the letter of offer, you must log in to the UTAS application site.

G

GreenGrapes

In reply to Nkap 's message: I'm a rural (RA2 Victorian) high-school-leaver and I was able to apply for both bonded and unbonded medicine at UTas. I applied before the 30th September, and received a conditional (95+) rural offer for unbonded med on 9th November.

My UMAT was 66/53/51 = 170 = 80th

All the best for everyone with their application(s? :p)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 2.26.38 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 2.26.38 pm.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 26