Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Med and Dent - 2019 Entry (Offers)

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I believe Griffith typically request that if you receive an offer via UAC you immediately remove the course from QTAC. Crow can likely confirm.
They request that you only apply through either QTAC or UAC (and not both), but it seems that every year people apply through both for some reason! I can understand applying through UAC for the earlier offer, but not quite the double up part of the equation! Regardless, I think they'd sort out the double-ups ahead of time, so I don't believe receiving an offer through both TACs will have any influence on the chances of an offer for other applicants.

Al-Quader

Course Type: Dent
Offer Received: Yes (On 6th December)
University: Charles Stuart
UMAT: 63% (sorry cant access the UMAT website for section scores for some reason)
ATAR: 99.35
Special considerations: Rural (RA2)
Offer type: CSP
Other information: Intending to reject

Course Type: Med
Offer Received: Yes
University: Griffith
ATAR: 99.35
Special considerations: Rural (RA2)
Offer type: CSP
Other information: Statistically I think this is an interesting result. Theres not a lot of data on the rural atar required for griffith, with mods speculating in the past that it would still be above .5. However, this proves this wrong and it could potentially even be as low as .1 or .2. Congratulations to everyone who received an offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vogue

University: JCU
UMAT: BRUH can’t remember

ATAR or GPA: 6.7 when graduating
Special Considerations:
none ?
Offer Type: CSP
Other Information: accept. Worked too long on this.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Statistically I think this is an interesting result. Theres not a lot of data on the rural atar required for griffith, with mods speculating in the past that it would still be above .5. However, this proves this wrong and it could potentially even be as low as .1 or .2.
Congratulations on your offer! Which campus did you receive an offer for? Page 18 of the UAC document here https://www.uac.edu.au/assets/documents/atar/atar-profiles-january-round-1.pdf shows that the lowest raw ATAR to receive a place offer for Griffith Medical Science was 99.35, but the lowest with adjustment factors was 99.75. What this indicates to me is that Griffith award bonus points for rurality that inflate ATAR - i.e. the true cut-off for non-rural applicants is actually still 99.75 and the "rural equivalent" of this may well be 99.35.

Last edited:

Al-Quader

Congratulations on your offer! Which campus did you receive an offer for? Page 18 of the UAC document here https://www.uac.edu.au/assets/documents/atar/atar-profiles-january-round-1.pdf shows that the lowest raw ATAR to receive a place offer for Griffith Medical Science was 99.35, but the lowest with adjustment factors was 99.75. What this indicates to me is that Griffith award bonus points for rurality that inflate ATAR - i.e. the true cut-off for non-rural applicants is actually still 99.75 and the "rural equivalent" of this may well be 99.35.
Sorry for not including that. It was Gold Coast Campus.

8on

Lurker
University: JMP - New England
UMAT: 96%ile (69/62/61)
ATAR or GPA: 5.5 GPA
Special Considerations: rural RA2, non-standard

Wasn't sure how my interviews went so this was a nice surprise. Thanks to the mods for all the information available on this site.

Offer Received: No
University: JMP
UMAT: 93 percentile
ATAR or GPA: 7.0 GPA
Other Information: Non rural, non standard and no EAS

Just goes to show the importance of the interview. Don't mess it up like I did :(

Could you please tell me where you got the rejection letter?

Neurology

Lurker
offer Receivied: Yes
Uni : JCU
OP: 2
other info: RA3, interview felt positive, volunteering and work experience in rural health / medical areas. Extra curricular activities in stem fields. all stem subjects studied - chem, bio, physics, math B, math C. Dean called on 11/01 approx 12 noon with offer.

Nkap

Offer Received: Yes (YAY!!)
University: UNSW (Kensington Campus)
UMAT: 72% (48/54/63)
ATAR or GPA: 97
Special Considerations: Rural, RA2
Offer Type: BMP
Other Information: Genuinely, Thank you to everyone on MSO who have contributed to creating this amazing website. Super thrilled and honestly cannot wait to start!!

mentos_01

I've received a UNSW offer and I don't want to enrol yet but I do want to accept. There are two parts to the process of accepting and I have filled the first part out but not the second (enrolling part). I received an email saying I have accepted but I thought both parts must be completed to accept the offer. Is this right?

nina1738

Course Type: dent
Offer Received: Yes!
University: griffith
UMAT: 176
ATAR or GPA: 7.0
Special Considerations:
N/A
Other Information:

just a question, after 3 years of griffith dental science, is it guaranteed entry to the masters of clinical dent? also how likely am I to get an offer for UQ dent?? thanks in advance !

alexwilko

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if me having my uni results held back due to sitting exams in the supplementary period (UoN) and then not being finalised until after UoN/UAC released offers would have had any impact on me getting an offer?

Just due to the fact that my GPA may not have been visible to put me above that threshold??? Ps. It is 6.5

I just felt really confident with my MMI interview so it was a bit disappointing.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if me having my uni results held back due to sitting exams in the supplementary period (UoN) and then not being finalised until after UoN/UAC released offers would have had any impact on me getting an offer?

Just due to the fact that my GPA may not have been visible to put me above that threshold??? Ps. It is 6.5

I just felt really confident with my MMI interview so it was a bit disappointing.

Thanks!!

Was it your first year of Uni? If so, then this might be a possibility and worth following up with UAC and JMP. If you’ve done more than one year and your GPA has always been above the threshold, then perhaps it’s less likely to have been the issue? Probably worth following up either way, just for your own peace of mind.

Good luck with subsequent offers.

alexwilko

Was it your first year of Uni? If so, then this might be a possibility and worth following up with UAC and JMP. If you’ve done more than one year and your GPA has always been above the threshold, then perhaps it’s less likely to have been the issue? Probably worth following up either way, just for your own peace of mind.

Good luck with subsequent offers.
Thanks for replying, I will follow it up.

It was my 2nd year of uni. I have emailed JMP, how would I go about contacting UAC do you know? Thankyou

Also, I was under the impression JMP was making no further offers?

Last edited:

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Thanks for replying, I will follow it up.

It was my 2nd year of uni. I have emailed JMP, how would I go about contacting UAC do you know? Thankyou

Also, I was under the impression JMP was making no further offers?

JMP haven’t even held their second round of interviews yet, so they are definitely making more offers.

Best of luck.

ETA: what was your GPA up until mid-year this year?