Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

JCU JCU Medicine: General Entry Discussion

Thank you so much!! It’s been so brutal but I’ve learnt so much and developed into such a better person as a result. The emotional struggle has been the hardest, with every year being defeated. This was my second (second round) interview and man did I think my chances were slim-to-none. I’m
so excited to start this new and long awaited chapter of a book that I thought had the worst cliff-hanger of all time haha. I hope to see you this year! Let me know how you go!

I’m sure it has been! But it all worked out in the end hey! I certainly will! Even if I don’t get in I’m sure I’ll catch you around campus!!

Vogue

Well I’ve actually got biomed as my backup option funnily enough
if you don’t get in I’ll be doing some teaching for you!!!! Well demonstrating as I’m not a lecturer. I loved biomed. I went into it with an open mind and didn’t hate it just because it was my backup. I love all the lecturers (expect one anatomy lecturer who did comparative) and loved the content. Especially in 2nd and 3rd year

Jason990090

Royal College of Surgeons MBBch (grad med pathway)
Hi all!! Long time lurker here.
I just wanted to post here and say it has taken me 6 years of applying, 1 bachelors in biomedicine at jcu, 1 honours in neuroscience and 1/3 of a PhD. I have finally gotten the call from JCU to say they’ve accepted me. Don’t give up if medicine for you is end-game like it was for me. The road might not be clear but one day it’ll work out.
Thanks guys, you’ve been a great source to lean on over the years.
what was your gpa mate?

if you don’t get in I’ll be doing some teaching for you!!!! Well demonstrating as I’m not a lecturer. I loved biomed. I went into it with an open mind and didn’t hate it just because it was my backup. I love all the lecturers (expect one anatomy lecturer who did comparative) and loved the content. Especially in 2nd and 3rd year

Wow! I’ll definitey take you up on that offer! Thanks so much!! Best of luck if I don’t see you on O week!!

Jason1112

i got calls from no caller id at 10:41 am, 2:28pm, 3:44 pm, and 6:00 pm on the friday but i dont have voicemail omg im stressing so hard.

Vogue

i got calls from no caller id at 10:41 am, 2:28pm, 3:44 pm, and 6:00 pm on the friday but i dont have voicemail omg im stressing so hard.
It’s surprising that they’d call so often
But unless it was someone else desperate to get in contact with you - looks promising man!! Congrats!

Just a bit of hope for the guys and gals who haven’t gotten an offer call. I’ve lived on college for 2 years now going into 3rd doin electrical engineering after not getting into Med back in 2017. everyone I talked to who got into med over the past 2 years found out from the first round offer on QTAC and not from getting a call. Calls are for the super good applicants, don’t stress like I did from not getting a call. Second round offers are also still very relevant as two of my best friends who started med in my year got second round offers on the 4th of feb. Not gonna lie not getting in is one of the most crushing experiences in my life, just make sure you take the other options with open mind and you might just realise how much you enjoy it .

Sum18

Hi guys! I'm currently a JCU student, just finished a year of biomedical science and did the diploma of health the year before that. Just logged onto my estudent profile and have a bonded offer sitting there for a bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery for 2019! They must upload it to the uni before released on QTAC!
Had a missed call of friday from a no caller ID but don't have a voice mail set up so thinking it may have been from the dean. Goodluck to everyone having to wait to find out tomorrow.

Jason1112

if you get an offer from a 1st preference and 2nd preference but you now wanna study at the 2nd preference, can you accept that offer or once an offer from your 1st preference is given do all other preferences just go away

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
if you get an offer from a 1st preference and 2nd preference but you now wanna study at the 2nd preference, can you accept that offer or once an offer from your 1st preference is given do all other preferences just go away
You’ll only get one offer per round - this will be to the highest preference you’re eligible for. You’ll have to rearrange your preferences after tomorrow’s offers to place #2 at #1 and hope you get an offer in the Jan 25 or Feb 5 rounds.

Jason990090

Royal College of Surgeons MBBch (grad med pathway)
Guys anyone know what time the offers were released last year?