Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Adelaide Adelaide Dentistry 2019

any news? :[ i am giving up hopes alrd!

The last time I called the admissions office, they say they will have a last round of offers in Jan if the slots ain’t filled up yet. As for the rejection email, they say it’s not necessary that they will send it to us as they feel that we will get the hint when we didn’t receive anything till Feb... sigh i wish they would give rejection emails though

KuroShion

UAdel BDS I Hardcore Foodie
More updates: There's currently 32 occupied slots. There was a slow steady increase over Dec-Jan and suddenly it shot up by 5 over the last week. I'm not sure if this is due to people finally settling down and sorting out school stuff or an actual indication of another round of offer release tho..... cos those around me still have no news.

KuroShion

Ok there's 37 slots booked meaning the quota is tentatively filled as of now. But.... there is the possibility of people still dropping out to accept other offers before school officially starts on 3 March.

KuroShion

But they already send offers to domestic students

Yes I'm aware I think that was yesterday or the day before? What I'm looking at tho is not the direct acceptance numbers, it's the clinic selection numbers which is something you can only do after they have officially enrolled you and given you your student ID bla and bla which takes around up to anywhere from a few days to 1+ week. So domestic offers may have gone out but this won't affect selection numbers anytime this soon.

CORRECTION: Ok, after rolling around the domestic forums, it seems that the offers went out yesterday and their student IDs are supposed to be sent to them by thursday. (This is a bit different from international acceptance process) They were supposed to enrol and select their slots by this friday. So I assume there's going to be a flood soon. But given the generally slow steady increase til today, I think these 37 are most likely internationals.

Last edited:
Yes I'm aware I think that was yesterday or the day before? What I'm looking at tho is not the direct acceptance numbers, it's the clinic selection numbers which is something you can only do after they have officially enrolled you and given you your student ID bla and bla which takes around up to anywhere from a few days to 1+ week. So domestic offers may have gone out but this won't affect selection numbers anytime this soon.

CORRECTION: Ok, after rolling around the domestic forums, it seems that the offers went out yesterday and their student IDs are supposed to be sent to them by thursday. (This is a bit different from international acceptance process) They were supposed to enrol and select their slots by this friday. So I assume there's going to be a flood soon. But given the generally slow steady increase til today, I think these 37 are most likely internationals.
Thanks so much for always keeping us updated!! If you could please let us know if that increases in a couple hours that would be great!

KuroShion

Thanks so much for always keeping us updated!! If you could please let us know if that increases in a couple hours that would be great!

No problem, just checked and wow the predicted flood did actually come. Selected slots increased from 37 to 45 (8 increment) in a couple of hours. I think this number is going to double by tomorrow, or maybe more.

No problem, just checked and wow the predicted flood did actually come. Selected slots increased from 37 to 45 (8 increment) in a couple of hours. I think this number is going to double by tomorrow, or maybe more.
So you think there could be still spots for international?

KuroShion

So you think there could be still spots for international?

It's very possible for people to still give up places before school starts proper in 1.5 months. So, I do think there may still be a couple of lucky people who get last minute offers. I've even heard of people who popped in 1 week into school!

Update: Total number is at 51 now, there's already 14 more selected slots in just 12 hours, definitely a flood.

KuroShion

Any news from Adelaide dentistry? Just saw that someone got an offer for adelaide med yesterday ☹️

Current confirmed occupied quota is 65/75. I believe you can call adl to see how close you are to getting an offer if there's people giving up their offers later before school starts.

Any idea what is the number to call? I tried calling and selecting the options but none of them fits the option that is related to my admission chances ><

KuroShion

Any idea what is the number to call? I tried calling and selecting the options but none of them fits the option that is related to my admission chances ><

Ok start with Ask Adelaide first, then try for either admissions or international students. Try to get on with one of the admissions officers they are the ones who will probably know. Actually, I might see if I have their number gimme a moment.

Ok start with Ask Adelaide first, then try for either admissions or international students. Try to get on with one of the admissions officers they are the ones who will probably know. Actually, I might see if I have their number gimme a moment.
I think they are closed today

KuroShion

+61 8 8313 4455 Ok there's no direct line to the admissions office, you've gotta start with Ask adelaide general line first. Then ask them to direct you to admissions office line. If they're closed today then wait til monday. In the mean time, send an email to Start@adelaide.

Hello, I just rang Adelaide up and the guy who answered told me that there are a few spots left, and if I don’t hear anything by early feb, my application will most likely be rejected. When I asked him about my chances he said he wasn’t able to disclose it but just said that there might be a possibility? Idk I’m kinda sad right now :( oh and he had to put me on hold to check with the admissions team..