Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

namida

ms-owesome
Does anyone know if putting my Bond Uni preference second (after JCU as I am hoping for a second round offer) will jeopardise my chances of getting a university offer/offer for the psychometric testing?
TIA

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Does anyone know if putting my Bond Uni preference second (after JCU as I am hoping for a second round offer) will jeopardise my chances of getting a university offer/offer for the psychometric testing?
TIA
Nope, preference order won’t have any influence on your chances. Good luck!

ETA: Apparently it does now matter (see below) but you should be fine to wait for JCU second round offers and then rearrange your preferences so that Bond is at the top.

Last edited:

namida

ms-owesome
NOTE: Bond requires having it as a 1st preference in order to be considered for the course. (evidence: Dean Kirsty Forrest)

A1

Rookie Doc
NOTE: Bond requires having it as a 1st preference in order to be considered for the course. (evidence: Dean Kirsty Forrest)

I guess the reason for this is by the time Bond applications are considered all other med/dent admissions will have been done & dusted. If you put any non-med/dent above Bond med at that stage you would either get that other one or, if not high enough for it you wouldn't be high enough for Bond med.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
As things have started to ramp up for Bond’s entry period, I thought I’d get this thread going for asking questions and getting to know others.

Posts above have been moved here from the Quick Questions thread. Feel free to use this thread instead now.

I read from Bond's website that QTAC is opened for application today, but I could not find the Bond MD course in the preference search on QTAC, can anyone help?

Am I missing anything?

No offer from Griffith and UQ yesterday....

namida

ms-owesome
I read from Bond's website that QTAC is opened for application today, but I could not find the Bond MD course in the preference search on QTAC, can anyone help?

Am I missing anything?

No offer from Griffith and UQ yesterday....

QTAC course code for the Bond Medical Program*: 020712

HimpuZ

Hi guys, just a quick question regarding entrance into Bond medicine. Does bond take into consideration an applicant's ATAR, psychometric test mark and interview performance when giving out spots in the medical program or is it purely based on the interview (once all the interviews have been conducted)?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi guys, just a quick question regarding entrance into Bond medicine. Does bond take into consideration an applicant's ATAR, psychometric test mark and interview performance when giving out spots in the medical program or is it purely based on the interview (once all the interviews have been conducted)?

ATAR/GPA determines psychometric test invite. Psychometric test performance determines interview invite. Interview performance determines offer.

I believe :D

HimpuZ

ATAR/GPA determines psychometric test invite. Psychometric test performance determines interview invite. Interview performance determines offer.

I believe :D
Damn so in the end it all comes down to the interview itself. Anyways thanks for the reply LMG!

I just called bonds unicresity. According to them, all the three components including ATAR, psychometric testing and interview are weighed equally.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I just called bonds unicresity. According to them, all the three components including ATAR, psychometric testing and interview are weighed equally.

Did you speak to someone from Medicine admissions specifically? From their website:

"Step One - Academic Assessment
Students will be assessed on their prior academic record through their application on QTAC. Approximately 50% of applicants will be invited to complete Step 2 (ETA: Psychometric Test) of the admissions process.

Step Two - Psychometric Test
The results of the psychometric test will determine eligibility for being offered an interview as the next step of the assessment process...

Step Three - Interview
..."

It would seem weird for them not to use ATAR/GPA as part of the interview decision making process, but then to bring it back in for offers, as they'd have a whole heap of applicants with ATAR/GPA on the low end who would find it very difficult to compete.

Also, it's still possible for that statement to be technically correct if you think Psychometric testing eligibility is 100% based on ATAR/GPA, Interview eligibility is 100% based on psychometric test, Offer is 100% based on interview performance.

ETA: the use of the headings "Step One", "Step Two", etc, also suggests to me that the academic assessment has already taken place in step one, it doesn't happen again in step 3.

Did you speak to someone from Medicine admissions specifically? From their website:

"Step One - Academic Assessment
Students will be assessed on their prior academic record through their application on QTAC. Approximately 50% of applicants will be invited to complete Step 2 (ETA: Psychometric Test) of the admissions process.

Step Two - Psychometric Test
The results of the psychometric test will determine eligibility for being offered an interview as the next step of the assessment process...

Step Three - Interview
..."

It would seem weird for them not to use ATAR/GPA as part of the interview decision making process, but then to bring it back in for offers, as they'd have a whole heap of applicants with ATAR/GPA on the low end who would find it very difficult to compete.

Also, it's still possible for that statement to be technically correct if you think Psychometric testing eligibility is 100% based on ATAR/GPA, Interview eligibility is 100% based on psychometric test, Offer is 100% based on interview performance.

ETA: the use of the headings "Step One", "Step Two", etc, also suggests to me that the academic assessment has already taken place in step one, it doesn't happen again in step 3.
Well, I did talk to the person from medicine faculty. Yes, there are three steps. However, after the interview, the final decision is made by weighing ATAR/GPA, psychometric and interview scores equally.

tm2001

When I was in the webinar at the end of last year that they held (hosted by the dean of medicine ) she said it was barriers making it 100% on interviews.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
When I was in the webinar at the end of last year that they held (hosted by the dean of medicine ) she said it was barriers making it 100% on interviews.

What do you mean by barriers? Hurdles? As in, GPA is a hurdle requirement (ie. you just need to make it passes to be eligible for a psychometric test invite, then the psychometric test was a hurdle for the interview? Make it over the hurdle and you get an interview?), etc. If so, that is entirely consistent with our understanding of the process, too.

Thank you.

Last edited:

tm2001

What do you mean by barriers? Hurdles? As in, GPA is a hurdle requirement (ie. you just need to make it passes to be eligible for a psychometric test invite, then the psychometric test was a hurdle for the interview? Make it over the hurdle and you get an interview?), etc. If so, that is entirely consistent with our understand of the process, too.

Thank you.

Yep precisely just confirming to everyone that it’s hurdles from another source

namida

ms-owesome
Yep, can confirm that each step is dependent on separate criteria. i.e. ATAR/GPA for psychometric testing, psychometric testing results for interview, and interview performance for offers.

(Source: Webinar on Wednesday 16/01/19)

Rub0ls

I guess the reason for this is by the time Bond applications are considered all other med/dent admissions will have been done & dusted. If you put any non-med/dent above Bond med at that stage you would either get that other one or, if not high enough for it you wouldn't be high enough for Bond med.

To be clear, is this for offer into the Psychometric testing? Or the actual offer after interview?