Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Med School Reputations

Concon

Hi, was wondering if any med schools have particular reputations or if there is already a link on this site could somebody please post it here :). I've heard 'rumblings' about Adelaide, so was peculiar to see if there were any other universities with good/bad reps for med?

Texila

Hi,

Yes. It is very important to know the reputation of the med school you are planning to pursue your education. Their accreditation and recognition do play a vital role.

L

Logic

Hi,

Yes. It is very important to know the reputation of the med school you are planning to pursue your education. Their accreditation and recognition do play a vital role.
Er, every medical school in Australia is currently accredited. Their “recognition” has no effect after you graduate.

Perplex

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

It doesn't matter.....
All medical schools in Australia are accredited. I'd be choosing a course which you feel best reflects what you want. However, given the competitiveness of entry always good to keep your mind open. At the end of the day we all walk out the same.

Texila

Hi,

if i am not wrong It is always better to find out about the med school accreditation and recognition.

Perplex

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
Hi,

if i am not wrong It is always better to find out about the med school accreditation and recognition.

Why? What do you mean by recognition?
Which medical school in Australia does not have accreditation?

Texila

I didn't mention med schools in particular. It is just a general opinion that one needs to check on the university they are planning to study

Perplex

Emeritus Staff
Emeritus Staff
I didn't mention med schools in particular. It is just a general opinion that one needs to check on the university they are planning to study

Hi,

Err seems like you did.....

Reactions: pi

Texila

Hi,

It is a general opinion that if any school is not recognized by the required governing bodies then studying there and getting a degree is of no value. It is just a general opinion.

L

Logic

Hi,

It is a general opinion that if any school is not recognized by the required governing bodies then studying there and getting a degree is of no value. It is just a general opinion.

Sure... but the original question was in regards to Adelaide and as I've already said all medical schools in Australia are accredited so this advice has no relevance to this question.

chinaski

Hi,

And as you have been told, multiple times over in this thread, all Australian medical schools hold the same accreditation, so that "general opinion" isn't relevant. I am enquiring more about your repeated claims that a school's reputation plays a "vital role". What is this "vital role" and in what context does it exist? How do you justify your opinion about the importance of reputation?