Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Non-standard Entry

omarix2k

Lurker
Hi, I know these questions have been asked before but I just need help, so just hear me out.
I'm hoping to apply for the bachelor of dental health science(starting next year)
- I have completed (2018) 1 year of full-time study in bachelors of medical science but did not achieve the required GPA(6.625).
- I am currently (2019) enrolled in a bachelor of science (chemistry) planning to do 1FT.

some of the units from the two degrees overlap. so when Griffith university assesses my application and I have units from the first degree that matches the second degree (note: I did not apply for advanced standing, so I will complete all 8 units but some match a previous course).

will this affect my application
I also heard that if you have studied a science related degree some of the units can be matched with the bachelor of dental health science and will be removed.

thanks

Nee

Hi everyone
Does the 1FTS should be on done on campus or it can be online as well. Cause i will have Some online units.
Thanks

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi everyone
Does the 1FTS should be on done on campus or it can be online as well. Cause i will have Some online units.
Thanks
As long as the online units are worth 10CP (or whatever a standard unit is worth at your uni) it wouldn’t matter whether it’s online or offline.

Reactions: Nee

Cal

vibe
does Griffith add EAS consideration for gpa?
From my understanding there are no eas considerations for the calculation of the Gpa for Griffith dentistry entry, but if you want a concrete answer, you can always contact Griffith just to confirm :)

Cal

vibe
just wondering my gpa is 6.4, is this high enough for a non standard entry to any programme (medicine/dent/pharm non standard entry)???
Griffith only does school leavers pre entre and the. Post grad entry for medicine, so you cannot get non-standard entry to medicine. You should definitely be able to pharmacy at most universities with that gpa as non-standard entry, but for Griffith dentistry it is a little low from past experience. It hasn't been much lower than 6.75 in the past few years so unless something happens, I would doubt you will get a spot. But you can only wait and see, you never know you could get a late offer.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads