Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

HSFY 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there like a second round of dent interviews? If my UCAT wasn't good enough for dent, is it still possible to make it into med? My grades are very good.

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Is there like a second round of dent interviews? If my UCAT wasn't good enough for dent, is it still possible to make it into med? My grades are very good.

We can't know for sure but imo it is still possible. There are more spots for med so yeah the UCAT threshold could be better

Fili

Dentist 🦷
if your UCAT is bad then it doesnt matter if your grades are very good though

Yes but depends on how bad it is. We won't know for sure if the UCAT thresholds for dent will be the same as the one for med but imo dent thresholds are probably higher than med as they have less spots to fill in.

Plus, they did say that the UCAT threshold for med is "conservative" but they didn't say the same for dent.

Fili

Dentist 🦷
Ok from the very few people that have posted and using this calculator: UCAT ANZ Percentile Calculator

I think that the UCAT thresholds for dent interviews are not uniform across the different sections. Below are the lowest section scores from the multiple members that have been offered an interview.

VR: 530 (~30 percentile)
DM: 630 (~56 percentile)
QR: 650 (~44 percentile)
AR: 610 (~42 percentile)
SJT: 614 (~62 percentile)

I'll update this as more scores are posted but from the looks of it, some guys have been rejected for an interview when their DM score is below 630 and the other sections are higher than the scores I have posted above ^^^.

I feel that DM has a relative importance for interview selection.

Last edited:

tenten

Lurker
VR: 600
DM: 690
QR: 710
AR: 780
Total: 2780 (86th percentile)
SJT: 740

GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! But have you guys received the venue & time allocation yet?

Fili

Dentist 🦷
VR: 600
DM: 690
QR: 710
AR: 780
Total: 2780 (86th percentile)
SJT: 740

GOT AN INTERVIEW!!! But have you guys received the venue & time allocation yet?

Nah not yet. Some mates haven't even been accepted or declined for the interview yet so I expect them to send out details once everyone's interview status gets updated.

Ok from the very few people that have posted and using this calculator: UCAT ANZ Percentile Calculator

I think that the UCAT thresholds for dent interviews are not uniform across the different sections. Below are the lowest section scores from the multiple members that have been offered an interview.

VR: 530 (~30 percentile)
DM: 630 (~56 percentile)
QR: 650 (~44 percentile)
AR: 670 (~67 percentile)
SJT: 614 (~62 percentile)

I'll update this as more scores are posted but from the looks of it, some guys have been rejected for an interview when their DM score is below 630 and the other sections are higher than the scores I have posted above ^^^.

I feel that DM has a relative importance for interview selection.
Wow, so my DM was literally 20 off

ls12345

Interview times and official offers just came out! According to the info on the alert, 8 and 9 October 2019 will be held in Dunedin (at Forsyth Barr Stadium). We also need to accept them by the 4th of Oct or we'll be declined, gl everyone!

I doubt it would be that low considering that many people are getting 90+ averages from semester 1. If anything, I'd say due to the significantly reduced content, the average would likely be higher than previous years or stay roughly the same ( In the low to mid A+ range ) and since there are no more combined rank scores and the ucat scores are supposed to be conservative this year, a bad ucat will no longer bring down peoples rankings nor would it prevent people who have a high average but a lowish umat/ucat from getting in as it did in previous years( unless they didn't meet threshold of course. ). Regardless, I think it's better not to worry about what the cut off will be and just do the best you can.

I guess that is me out of the picture unless I bump my 89% average to 92% ish. Oh well

jaejoong

Interview times and official offers just came out! According to the info on the alert, 8 and 9 October 2019 will be held in Dunedin (at Forsyth Barr Stadium). We also need to accept them by the 4th of Oct or we'll be declined, gl everyone!

Has everyone actually got this? As I still haven't

Status
Not open for further replies.