Current State: NSW
Applying to:
unsw, wsu, jmp
Rural Applicant: no
GWS Applicant: yes
Indigenous Applicant: no
Other: no
Specific Question:
Do you know about the marks required for the UNSW medical science transfer program into medicine ?

abash80

WSU & JMP will give you an interview without caring much about GPA at the invite stage. Afterwards if you qualify for an offer it will be subject to your GPA (at end of year) passing the hurdle, in your GWS case you need either ATAR 93.5+ or GPA 5.5+ for WSU (or 6.0+ if they rule you have done less than 1 FTE year uni) and 4.7+ for JMP.

In case JMP rules you have done less than 1 FTE year they will check that your ATAR was 94.3+.

WSU GPA thresholds have increased to 5.9 for GWS 1 FTE year uni and increased for other completion levels as well. I guess zero chance for WSU then? because max I can get it to is 5.75 :/

ABT123

WSU GPA thresholds have increased to 5.9 for GWS 1 FTE year uni and increased for other completion levels as well. I guess zero chance for WSU then? because max I can get it to is 5.75 :/
If your ATAR was above 93.5, they can still look at that to get you past the hurdle.

wilsh

Applying for: Medicine
Application Type: Gap Year
Predicted ATAR/GPA: min. 99 (after UES)
UCAT Percentile Rank: 92~ (according to sd & mean), 91 (according to official UCAT calculator)
VR:
DM:
QR:
AR:
Total:
SJ:
Current State:
SA
Applying to:
Adelaide/Flinders (no interstate ):)
Rural Applicant: (no)
GWS Applicant: (no)
Indigenous Applicant: (no)
Other: UES
Specific Question:

How do offers work with Adelaide? If I have, say, a reasonable/good interview, and my ATAR & UCAT, can anyone estimate a % chance of an offer at Adelaide? Much appreciated.

Also sidenote to anyone interested, you can apply to UK Unis 2020 with UCAT ANZ 2019 scores: Results | UCAT Consortium

Deadline: 15 Oct

Cal

vibe
Anyone willing to bet on chances for an interview at WSU with a 93%ile and a 7.0 GPA @ 0.75FTE, non-GWS?
The simple answer, is no one really knows; it will depend on how they use the ucat scores, because last year is not a good representation as they had an algorithm to calculate section score weightings, and it was around the 94th.

whatup245

do i have a chance at curtin med with a 82nd ucat and a 98.80?

from nsw no rural

Last edited by a moderator:

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

REGULAR JOE

If I did an 'average to below average interview', what do you think are my chances at UWA or Curtin with 99.95/86th%?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
If I did an 'average to below average interview', what do you think are my chances at UWA or Curtin with 99.95/86th%?
One would have to make quite a few assumptions to give you an accurate answer to this. To be honest, I don’t think questions like this are very useful anyway - if we tell you you can do “pretty bad” or “below average” how will you measure that, and will you perform or prepare for your interview any differently? The best thing you can do is prepare as well as you can and perform your best on the day.

noteven

Two years ago a NSW non rural applicant got Curtin place offer with 98.70 & 83%ile, very similar scores to yours.

What about 88%ile and 6.25 GPA (completed degree) for non-rural applicant from Canberra? I'm a bit confused about how GPA is used by Curtin and I couldn't find much on their site either.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
What about 88%ile and 6.25 GPA (completed degree) for non-rural applicant from Canberra? I'm a bit confused about how GPA is used by Curtin and I couldn't find much on their site either.
We have very limited data for non-standard applicants at Curtin, so this is very difficult to answer. I believe that score combination will be enough to land you an interview, but there's not an overwhelming amount of data to support that so I can't stand by it with any certainty.

Totolier

What would the predicted cut-off for wsu interview invites be? I am A NON-GSW applicant with a 2990 (96%) score. Is this enough to get an interview

Lyyrre

USYD MD I
What would the predicted cut-off for wsu interview invites be? I am A NON-GSW applicant with a 2990 (96%) score. Is this enough to get an interview

As UCAT is new we have nothing to base it off yet, we'll know in a week's time.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I'd be very surprised if this wasn't enough for a WSU interview. I'd be feeling confident if I were you.

A1

Rookie Doc
Are they sending interview offers in one week's time? Are they allocating times or do we have to log on and allocate a time?

Afaik only JMP allocates you a date/time. All other schools ask you to book your own via their online booking systems.

Totolier

A1 I would like you to give your opinion as to whether 96% (non-gsw) percentile would make an interview. This is is because
I need to make a decision to buy an interview course (not just asking for the sake of it).

Thanks in advance

Mod edited out caps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.