Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Dentistry Entry Discussion and Questions

ucatsyd

I have also received an offer for La Trobe dentistry today. Just for your reference, I am a non-standard and I did not apply through the Aspire program. My UCAT is in the 97th %ile.

I also have UCAT of 97%, I'm also a non-standard but not sure why I didn't receive one?

ucatsyd

I have also received an offer for La Trobe dentistry today. Just for your reference, I am a non-standard and I did not apply through the Aspire program. My UCAT is in the 97th %ile.
I reckon it's because I did not fill out the personal statement. Didnt know i needed too.

Eleue

I also have UCAT of 97%, I'm also a non-standard but not sure why I didn't receive one?
That is indeed surprising, I looked up their website and apparently the early round offer is 15 Nov (today). I also didn’t submit a personal statement on VTAC, so it can’t be related to the statement. I do hope you get it next week though!

ucatsyd

That is indeed surprising, I looked up their website and apparently the early round offer is 15 Nov (today). I also didn’t submit a personal statement on VTAC, so it can’t be related to the statement. I do hope you get it next week though!

Ah wow thats interesting... I'll give them a call up on Monday during business hours to see what is going on. Nope, haha I also had La Trobe dentistry as my first preference. Maybe it's because I haven't completed 1 FTE yet (only 0.75 as i have one semester left?)
Thanks heaps anyways - I'll let you know what happens!

Eleue

Ah wow thats interesting... I'll give them a call up on Monday during business hours to see what is going on. Nope, haha I also had La Trobe dentistry as my first preference. Maybe it's because I haven't completed 1 FTE yet (only 0.75 as i have one semester left?)
Thanks heaps anyways - I'll let you know what happens!
Ahh that could be the reason, I have a completed degree. Good luck 😄

jj753

Lurker
Hello, this may be a dumb question but I was wondering if the universities are looking for cumulative GPA's or the year's GPA. For example, would they be looking at all my GPA's from my 3 years of uni or would they look at last year's+1st semester or would they look at solely this year's? Thank you!

Eleue

Hello, this may be a dumb question but I was wondering if the universities are looking for cumulative GPA's or the year's GPA. For example, would they be looking at all my GPA's from my 3 years of uni or would they look at last year's+1st semester or would they look at solely this year's? Thank you!
Hello, while I’m not an administrator, but from what I’ve been reading on this forum, I’m fairly certain that they look at your cumulative GPA, ie. the GPA that will appear on your academic transcript.

ucatsyd

hey guys, what’s would be a competitive mark for non-standard Uqld dent?

If i will have completed 1 FTE of uni by Jan, do they not look at atar?

Cal

vibe
hey guys, what’s would be a competitive mark for non-standard Uqld dent?

If i will have completed 1 FTE of uni by Jan, do they not look at atar?
anything above a 6.5gpa you need to get the 99 rank equivalent (if you are at uq then you need a 5.8 gpa) yes no they will not look at atar after you have 1FTE.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
When you say above 6.5, does that mean 6.625 as a FTE or 6.5 inclusively
What do you mean? ATAR/GPA is a hurdle only. Anything at or above 6.5 means you’ve met the hurdle, and place offers are then decided 100% off your UCAT score.

ucatsyd

Anyone who applied for Charles Sturt how'd your interviews go? Felt like it was so much more different than previous years

Personally, I felt like it was heaps based on rurality/community/Indigenous health - rather than the typical ‘tell me about yourself, why dent, work experience,’ which kinda tripped me up as I don’t come from a rural background with much rural experience ahahaah

Personally, I felt like it was heaps based on rurality/community/Indigenous health - rather than the typical ‘tell me about yourself, why dent, work experience,’ which kinda tripped me up as I don’t come from a rural background with much rural experience ahahaah
Yes omg I honestly didn't prepare for the influx of questions about rural health. I was so thrown aback when that's what they started me off with. Did you by any chance get the question along the lines of how would you benefit a rural community? If so how'd you respond since you from your name I'm guessing you're from a metro area.