Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

CSU CSU Dentistry: Q&A and General Discussion

ucatsyd

Yea definitely since I just ignored it when I saw it couple days ago, but this title is really baiting my emotions. Can somebody who also applied for CSU that doesn't have it as first option confirm Cal's suspicions?

Yep, I'm applying for CSU and I put it as 4th preference and got the email too. I think its a generic email sent out to all applicants who have put CSU as one of their preferences.

Cal

vibe
Yep, I'm applying for CSU and I put it as 4th preference and got the email too. I think its a generic email sent out to all applicants who have put CSU as one of their preferences.
I think maybe people who don't have it as first preference get one; just cause i have it first pref and didn't get one. I got a different one that says something to do with being all set or something

whatup245

CSU Dentistry Questions & Answers Thread
This is the official mso thread for any questions relating to CSU Dentistry. I have been receiving a number of messages from people and a lot of the questions are the same. So if you send me a question, I will post it here only. Please do not message me questions that have already been posted up here. You may wish to post questions in this thread and I will add it on to the thread answered ^^.

Admission
What is the process?

Step 1. Apply for CSU Dentistry on UAC by 30[SUP]th[/SUP] September.
Step 2. Fill the written application form and ensure it arrives at the Orange Campus by 30[SUP]th[/SUP] September.

Step 3. Wait for interview offers in Mid-November.
How many people apply?
Roughly 1,000-1,200 apply each year.
How many get in?
100 Interviews will be offered and 40 places given.

School Leaver Entry
What ATAR do I need?

CSU requires a 90 minimum as the cut off.

Non-standard Entry
How many non-standards do they accept a year?

Half the cohort each year are non-standards.
What GPA do I need?
CSU requires GPA of 5.0 as the minimum to be considered. But higher the better.

Written Application
What tips can you give me for the written application?

Answers the questions provided and make it an individual response. Make it unique and show who you are as a applicant and your opinions about dentistry.

Should I answer all the three questions separately or together?
This will depend on the person. The structure won’t matter. Structure it, in such a way, so you can express your answers to the best of your ability.

What should the word count be?
Fill the spaces provided. There is no word limit.

What does a letter of support contain?
A reference from someone who knows you well and can support and explain why you should study dentistry.

Why study at CSU and dentistry at CSU?
That will depend on you. What is it about CSU that attracts you? Everyone will have different views and opinions on this.

Is it okay to write "CSU" or should we write "Charles Sturt University"?
I suggest you write Charles Sturt University (CSU) then CSU anytime after that.

Work Experience
Do I really need to do it?
Yes.
How do you get work experience?
Just hand in a resume to a dental clinic your interested in working at and ask them if they are willing to have you shadow them for a few days.
How many days do I need to do?
As many or as little as you want. Everyone has a different number of days. This has varied from days to years for applicants due to past experiences.
Do I have to fill all 5 spots?
No. Fill as many as you want.
Should I bother applying if I don't have work experience?
Doesn't hurt to try.

Interview
What tips can you give me for the interview?
You can find many practice interview questions on google, MSO and other sources. Just be yourself and show who you are as a person and why you want to study dentistry. Be honest and show what you have to offer as an applicant.

What motivated you to do dentistry?
My motivations should not matter to you and copying them is simply wrong. I am confused ask to why someone would as me this. It’s your motivations that matter when writing your application. Be yourself.
How did you get in?
I applied just like everyone else.
Is it hard to get in?
Dentistry at any university will always be a strong competition.
How do you deal with finances?
Majority of students get support from centrelink and scholarships.For general information about the university & admission process please click on the following link: http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/content/about-csu-dent-322/
waaait did u have to submit a written application???

BuccalCusp

For all students that have accepted their offer into CSU Dentistry starting 2020, please follow this link to join the year group on FB :yay:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/1791418820991085/
and congratulations..!

BuccalCusp

Have people received offers BuccalCusp???

sorry for the late reply.. so far it's only international students. not sure when domestic offers are going out 😕 but if you do accept the offer and plan to attend CSU next year, make sure you join the first year FB group! good luck everyone 🤞