Status
Not open for further replies.
Applying for: Medicine
Application Type: School leaver
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.60
UCAT Percentile Rank: 96
Current State: VIC
Applying to: Monash University

As others have asked, how good does my interview need to be?

A1

Rookie Doc
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.60
UCAT Percentile Rank: 96

As others have asked, how good does my interview need to be?

Your offer chance is likely around 60-70%. Stay above the bottom 40% of interview scores you should get an offer.

Med10

Application Type: gap year
ATAR/GPA: mid-high OP2
UCAT Percentile Rank: 67%
Current State: QLD

I have received an interview offer for Monash. What are my chances at getting an actual offer after completing the interview? Is it worth spending the money on travelling for the interview - with such a low UCAT score (note I am on the Dean's Rural List)?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator

I have received an interview offer for Monash. What are my chances at getting an actual offer after completing the interview? Is it worth spending the money on travelling for the interview - with such a low UCAT score (note I am on the Dean's Rural List)?

Given you already have an offer up your sleeve (plus the chance of one from JCU), you’ll need to decide if the $$ is worth it.

Typically, rural is difficult to predict, but I’d think you have a decent chance given your adjusted ATAR. The lowest rural UMAT reported as successful here last year was 74%ile, but with 96.xx ATAR.

If you had no current offer, I’d be saying definitely go for it but... now it comes down to the cost.

A1

Rookie Doc

Without a lot of data to base on it's difficult to estimate for rural, sorry. Looking at last year's Offers collated data there were a couple of Monash successful rural with 96.40 and 70ish %ile.

Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.40
UCAT Percentile Rank: 96th
***I'm a rural student

- I got an offer for an interview today. With these scores how well will I have to perform on the interview? Thanks so much.

kpsmms

Application Type: school leaver, non-rural
ATAR/GPA: >99
UCAT Percentile Rank: 86
Current State: NSW
Applying to: All except unis in WA and Tas

Hi, asking for a desperate close friend of mine: does she have any chance of getting any interview invites? Her preferred uni is UNSW and she has EAS. Thanks!

Application Type: school leaver, non-rural
ATAR/GPA: >99
UCAT Percentile Rank: 86
Applying to: All except unis in WA and Tas

Hi, asking for a desperate close friend of mine: does she have any chance of getting any interview invites? Her preferred uni is UNSW and she has EAS. Thanks!
Im pretty sure EAS in UNSW gives you a bonus for ATAR, but not UCAT. That might not help much for her since her ATAR is already pretty good though.

A1

Rookie Doc
Hey A1, am I guaranteed an interview at UNSW with atar calculator estimate 99.4 and 94% UCAT.
Thanks so much!!!!

I think you will get a UNSW interview. Last year it seemed to pivot around 99.3 & 93%ile, if one is lower the other needs to be higher to balance up.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

rejected

Hi, is there any chance for med at Flinders or JCU with an ATAR of 98.75 (99.95 with UES bonus points) and a very bad UCAT of 59%. From my perspective, my interview for JCU was quite strong.

A1

Rookie Doc
Hi, is there any chance for med at Flinders or JCU with an ATAR of 98.75 (99.95 with UES bonus points) and a very bad UCAT of 59%. From my perspective, my interview for JCU was quite strong.

In my year a 99.95 needed close to 80%ile for Flinders, however last year an MSO member insisted his friend with 99.95 & 90%ile didn't get Flinders. Whether that was true there isn't much hope for 59%ile unfortunately.

JCU is possible, let's hope they give you top interview marks and get you through.

js1213

Application Type: School leaver, NSW
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.15
UCAT Percentile Rank: 85
VR: 630
DM: 680
QR: 700
AR: 750
Total: 2760
SJ: 624
Applying to: all universities, including Bond University
Rural Applicant: no
GWS Applicant: no
Indigenous Applicant: no
Other: no
Specific Question: ATARs have just come out in NSW, where, if anywhere, can I expect an interview invite?

wilsh

Application Type: School leaver, SA
ATAR/GPA: 99.5
UCAT Percentile Rank: 91
VR: 700
DM: 700
QR: 660
AR: 800
Total: 2860
SJ: 715
Current State: SA
Applying to: Adelaide Med & Dent
Specific Question:
% of my chances of an offer from ADL Med/Dent with solid interviews in both?

Good luck to fellow applicants, stay strong guys. Thanks in advance

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Application Type: School leaver, SA
ATAR/GPA: 99.5
UCAT Percentile Rank: 91
VR: 700
DM: 700
QR: 660
AR: 800
Total: 2860
SJ: 715
Current State: SA
Applying to: Adelaide Med & Dent
Specific Question:
% of my chances of an offer from ADL Med/Dent with solid interviews in both?

Good luck to fellow applicants, stay strong guys. Thanks in advance
This is really impossible to answer - what is a “solid” interview and how have you reached that conclusion? You have a good ATAR/UCAT combo so I’m sure you’re in with a shot depending on what your interview was scored at. Good luck :)

Hey lads, just got an email saying I got a atar of 99.90 but I only have a ucat score of 87th for the cognitive part. Is there any chance I'll get into UQ with this? (I used a normal distribution to calculate that I also got 96th percentile on situational judgement if this helps in determining whether u think ill get into UQ)

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Application Type: School leaver, NSW
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 99.15
UCAT Percentile Rank: 85
VR: 630
DM: 680
QR: 700
AR: 750
Total: 2760
SJ: 624
Applying to: all universities, including Bond University
Specific Question: ATARs have just come out in NSW, where, if anywhere, can I expect an interview invite?
You’ll get an interview at Bond and possibly Curtin. Most of the other unis have already released interviews so you should know already for the majority. Your scores are unfortunately too low for UNSW and Monash if past years are anything to judge by. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.