Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

hjdavis

Lurker
Osler isn't managed by Bond I beleive. Profiles will most likely be created closer to semester start, once Bond passes the relevant information on for the accounts to created. They may also send out a registration link via email or something similar.

emtee

Lurker
Queensland just shut their borders - how are interstate students going to get to Bond in May?

Are you staying on campus? I just emailed them. They are allowing me to get there 2 weeks earlier to self-isolate. Hopefully flights are still okay

Has anyone who is planning to live on campus filled out their blue card application? If so, what address did you put for section 7 of part D? are you planning to include your dorm number or building number? Thanks in advance!

Med2019

MD 3 Bond University
Queensland just shut their borders - how are interstate students going to get to Bond in May?
I'm thinking that since Bond is currently closed down anyway due to Covid-19, we will be starting our semester later than initially planned. `

Are you staying on campus? I just emailed them. They are allowing me to get there 2 weeks earlier to self-isolate. Hopefully flights are still okay

Has anyone who is planning to live on campus filled out their blue card application? If so, what address did you put for section 7 of part D? are you planning to include your dorm number or building number? Thanks in advance!
When I submitted my form during the interviews, From what I remember I just left it blank.

JJS

BMedSt/MD

Hey legend, is there any chance you could please let me know what the email address was, because I'm in the exact same situation and unsure who I should be contacting.

linus

Yes I'm staying on campus, I've already booked flights closer to May so I may need to cancel those. Hopefully, more information will be released from Bond about this.

Hey guys, for the NPC, I've already got one since last year as it was a requirement for my course. Pretty sure it was for the same purpose i.e. "Working with vulnerable groups/vulnerable persons/students on supervised placement". So can I still use it? Does anyone know how long they are valid for?

Also, do the quarantine restrictions apply for ppl driving interstate like from NSW to the GC? Will we have to drive there like 2 weeks early for self isolation?

Hopefully Bond emails us ASAP cos idk whether I should be there early or if uni itself is gon start later cos of this whole COVID-19 mess.

nightwatchman

Bond University BMS/MD
It is just not feasible for a lot of us to move to the GC in the current environment. I strongly think that classes will be online only for the first 3-4 weeks.
Because most uni's have even gone so far as to cancel their examinations in June so how will bond be able to deliver on campus classes if the situation stays bad?

but hopefully they can get stuff running online at least.

Last edited:

Jason990090

Royal College of Surgeons MBBch (grad med pathway)
As someone who has studied epidemiology and infectious diseases pretty extensively in my previous degree, I am willing to bet $100 (message me if you wanna take me up on this bet) that we start on campus learning in around Late June. Yes its probably gonna suck :(
but hopefully they can get stuff running online at least.
I guess we dont have too many pracs in the first sem so online might not be so bad. But imagine paying 30k in fees for a sem only to have classes via Zoom. LOL.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hey guys, for the NPC, I've already got one since last year as it was a requirement for my course.

Also, do the quarantine restrictions apply for ppl driving interstate like from NSW to the GC?

I also already had a card before I started Med. Yes, you use the same card, but you will have to get the placement coordinator for Bond added to the list of institutions or places of employment or something. There’s definitely an update you need to do, but you’ll keep the same card.

And yes, the 14 days applies regardless of by which means you arrived in the state.

Hi all,

How realistic is it that our early May start could be delayed to a later time?

I have no direct knowledge but my speculation is that it’s a huge possibility to the point of almost being a certainty.

Axwe8

cannula service
It's starting most likely, we are in week 11 at the moment and the first online classroom worked fine. We are using Collaborate not Zoom. It's a Blackboard (iLearn) app.

1st years not many labs. The labs are histology microscopy anyway you will most likely do that online. The 2nd yrs are stuffed cause we did dissections on cadavers last year so rip. The practitioner theme is too hard to speculate, history taking probs won't be on but they might give you past videos to practice for when the virus passes and classes resume. It's just a checklist so learn it up.

The main theory is taught using lectures which are online and recorded anyway, they also have past years lecture recordings available so won't be an issue. The theory starts with what is a cell and parts of a cell and homeostasis metabolism so first few weeks are doable online anyway. I'm guessing a very lenient if at all final exam in August due to disruptions etc... Our current exams are cancelled and ungraded if u wish to compare what level you are at.

Placements (1day in each) might not go on due to the risk to the elderly (aged care placements) which have government restrictions atm. And childcare development placement might be a bit hard too, provided they're even open. But they will probably accommodate the placements when the virus passes so yay.

All can change in the upcoming weeks for everyone. This was like the best case scenario.

st93

Guys just double checking.. is anyone able to enrol yet?
It says I'm enrolled in MEDI-11 101 "Health & Wellbeing Across the Generations Part A" but won't allow me to choose any classes.
My enrolment tab looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 8.37.28 am.png

Any suggestions? Or is everyone in this boat

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Guys just double checking.. is anyone able to enrol yet?
It says I'm enrolled in MEDI-11 101 "Health & Wellbeing Across the Generations Part A" but won't allow me to choose any classes.
My enrolment tab looks like this:

View attachment 3347

Any suggestions? Or is everyone in this boat

I’m not sure if Bond is different to elsewhere, but as I understand it, no undergrad Med course allows (or even requires) self-enrolment. The university will facilitate it all for you, so unless Bond do things differently, this is normal and nothing to worry about.