Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

[Med and Dent Offers] International Applicants

acres

I got an offer from both Monash and UNSW back in mid Dec (I only got to finalize my application for Monash in early Dec because my results only came out then). Did the UNSW interview a day after my results were out and had the offer a week and a half later.
has anyone received offers from Monash or UNSW?

[Any recommendations would be helpful]

I got an offer to study dentistry from 2021, but had to defer to 2022 due to the travel restrictions (currently overseas). I have to serve a 2-years length of compulsory military service, so thought it would be great if I can serve it right now (2021 Jan -2022 Dec) and commence my study from 2023. The problem is that, the university does not allow 2-years deferral and told me to withdraw the application and make a new one by the time I finish the military service. However, there is no guarantee that my application will be successful again (I asked a couple of times about this but they just said pre-assessment is not available). So some options are 1) basically just spend the whole year doing part time jobs or whatever and commence my study from 2022. 2) withdraw current application, serve the military service until 2022 December, make a new application, commence my study from 2023 (no guarantee the 2023 intake application will be successful)

or maybe there are some other options? oh GOD plz help me I'm just in the middle of nowhere and I have no clue what would be the best option.

I got an offer from both Monash and UNSW back in mid Dec (I only got to finalize my application for Monash in early Dec because my results only came out then). Did the UNSW interview a day after my results were out and had the offer a week and a half later.
wow that’s amazing!! Have you decided which one you are going to accept? And if you don’t mind me asking, which country are you from?

BoarVessel

Valued Member
Hi @acres , I have also accepted an offer at Monash? Would you like to connect to get to know each other before the course starts?

Hey! I’m an international student starting at UNSW in 2021. If you are willing to share, could you please post your ISAT and high school scores for data purposes? Thank you and good luck!

^ hehe same here! if there are any singaporeans joining the 2021 cohort for UAdel MBBS programme, do drop me a pm! 🤗
Hi vngsk, just wondering whether you could share some insights as to why you chose to go to Adelaide Medical School over others? If you don’t mind sharing, will you be practicing in Aus after or returning to Singapore?

vngsk

Hi vngsk, just wondering whether you could share some insights as to why you chose to go to Adelaide Medical School over others? If you don’t mind sharing, will you be practicing in Aus after or returning to Singapore?
Hey! There were many factors that led me to select UoA, one of the main reasons being the healthcare facilities available at the Royal Adelaide Hospital. Everything there is technologically advanced, such as their extremely life-like medical dummies :oops:, and I think it will really help students to hone their clinical skills while they're there. The school is constantly upgrading itself (e.g, have you seen/heard of their health simulation room? It's really cool haha), so you don't need to worry about lagging behind in the medical field when it comes to new technology or equipment. Each cohort is smaller than usual too, with around 134 students only (both international and domestic), so that provided me with the assurance that the smaller prof-to-student ratio would allow us to learn more effectively. I could go on, but these are my main reasons hahaha.

Personally, I am much more familiar with Adelaide as compared to other places. I do know a few people there (both inside and outside of the school), so it really makes everything less daunting. As of now, I'm hoping to secure a place back in Singapore through the Pre-employment Grant in my later years of study, but I'm definitely keeping my options open! Feel free to pm me if you would like to! :)

Heyo. Int'l student from Singapore here. Received my offer (BMed/MD assured pathway) 2 or 3 days ago. Looking for the others who also made it in.

Applying for: (Medicine and Dentistry)
Application Type: Int'l Student
Predicted ATAR/GPA: ( SG A Lvl student, so not sure about ATAR conversion, but shld be 95+ )
UCAT Percentile Rank: 90+
VR:790
DM: 790
QR: 880
AR:670
Total: 3130
SJ:646
Accepted : UWA med.

Rural Applicant: (no)
GWS Applicant: (no)
Indigenous Applicant: (no)
Other: (none)
Specific Question:

Asynn

Hey there! Anyone applied to UWA or UAdel for 2022 entry? Let's keep this forum alive for international students lol

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Anyone knows when the first round of UAdel dent offers will be sent?
I’m actually not sure if international offers go out at the same time as domestic. I have a feeling there is a different schedule and maybe that offers come out earlier for international applicants. Definitely best to check with UAdel directly.

stonks123

As per the 2022 Admissions Guide, international offers will be sent out on a rolling basis from mid-October. Domestic offers are typically released in December.

I’m actually not sure if international offers go out at the same time as domestic. I have a feeling there is a different schedule and maybe that offers come out earlier for international applicants. Definitely best to check with UAdel directly.
Last year it was the first jan offer round I believe though best to ask uadel due to NSW
Thank you so much for the replies! I have seen that UAdel will send out offers in October but I was hoping that someone would have a more concrete answer. Such as if offers are only sent on Thursday. Either way, I really appreciate the response! :))

Anti-Dentite

Dentist | Oral Health Therapist
Thank you so much for the replies! I have seen that UAdel will send out offers in October but I was hoping that someone would have a more concrete answer. Such as if offers are only sent on Thursday. Either way, I really appreciate the response! :))
I don't think you're going to get a clearer answer than mid-October. The kindest thing you can do for yourself now is to not obsessively check your email every hour like I did. Just relax and go about your day as usual. ;)

(For what it's worth, my offer came on a Friday in October some years ago...)

Hi! I'm an international student waiting for the dent interview results from uni of Adelaide. If anyone gets a first round offer this October, please keep this thread posted :) thank you!

Anhgem

Hey! I’m an international student from Singapore too!! I applied to the Uni of Adelaide Med programme and I’m awaiting for the interview results.