Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO Graduate Entry Chat/Enquiry

Obviously can never 100% confirm but based of pervious years trends very good! I know many people got offers before PXSS finished but I have friends who have yet to hear anything, there is often offers sent out once these results are confirmed. Does anyone know when this is/was?
Results from the last PXSS paper waiting for confirmed results came out today, so offers for them should be out tonight/tomorrow.

anon12345

Lurker
Very likely. What your GPA like?
Thanks for the response! ~8.8.
Obviously can never 100% confirm but based of pervious years trends very good! I know many people got offers before PXSS finished but I have friends who have yet to hear anything, there is often offers sent out once these results are confirmed. Does anyone know when this is/was?
Thanks for the answer? Where can I find these trends you speak of haha?

Bootleg

Thanks for the response! ~8.8.

Thanks for the answer? Where can I find these trends you speak of haha?
1) Excellent GPA, again like I said before very likely you will receive an offer off the wait list.

2) Trends are from past data collected by MSO users (you can look at the graduate category chats for further information) but in summary for the past few years, the lowest reported GPA on MSO to be accepted into medicine has been around ~8.1-8.2.

anon12345

Lurker
1) Excellent GPA, again like I said before very likely you will receive an offer off the wait list.

2) Trends are from past data collected by MSO users (you can look at the graduate category chats for further information) but in summary for the past few years, the lowest reported GPA on MSO to be accepted into medicine has been around ~8.1-8.2.
Cheers Bootleg!

ell555

Lurker
Does anyone know how many ish people get in off the waitlist after the release of second round offers (eg from 3rd round), and how late these can be released up until?

Bootleg

Does anyone know how many ish people get in off the waitlist after the release of second round offers (eg from 3rd round), and how late these can be released up until?
The number of people that get off the waitlist after second round offers is dependent on how many people decline their second round offers. If no one declines their second round offers, no one will be offered (in 3rd round).

Offers can be released up till the date of classes start, after which, your Evision will automatically update your application from waitlist to declined.

Eksyy

Lurker
Hey guys, if you're on the waitlist and haven't already, I would suggest emailing the university and asking for your weighted GPA. I thought mine was higher than the one they calculated haha.

yung scurvy

Just my experience. Last year I was on the med waitlist and I went from top 25 to top 5, so that can give you a bit of an idea of how much it moves! hope this helps :)

drum99

UoA MBChB III
Hi!
Congratulation for those you got offer :). Fortunately, I have been offered at otago and unfortunately I have been waitlisted at Auckland, and I really want to study at auckland (with family). I was wandering if anyone knows if I can accept the offer at otago for now and choose auckland if i got offer mid - january ( or can I still decline the offer after the 4th january after accepting it now?)
Yup that's literally exactly what I did - I received an Otago offer through Alternative entry - and also got accepted to Auckland through Grad Entry. As I live in Auckland and all my family is here, I cancelled my enrolment at Otago and have taken up the Auckland offer. I feel a little bad as the Alternative entry application process was really rigorous and I probably just wasted Otago's time. But it worked out for me in the end. Hopefully some one will be happy from the waitlist, if there is one for Alternative!

Jamesbro

Yup that's literally exactly what I did - I received an Otago offer through Alternative entry - and also got accepted to Auckland through Grad Entry. As I live in Auckland and all my family is here, I cancelled my enrolment at Otago and have taken up the Auckland offer. I feel a little bad as the Alternative entry application process was really rigorous and I probably just wasted Otago's time. But it worked out for me in the end. Hopefully some one will be happy from the waitlist, if there is one for Alternative!
Thanks for sharing your experience..... TBH I was expecting to be waitlisted on my Otago application more that Auckland... but you never know what admission office surprise you with🙂....Still waiting for the offer though 🙏

Babushka

How nervous should I be with top 15 following 2nd round offers and top 10 as of today? From the Auckland subforum, it doesn't seem like *any* waitlist offers have gone out, so surely there'll be a fair bit of movement on the Otago waitlist once that happens?

Bootleg

How nervous should I be with top 15 following 2nd round offers and top 10 as of today? From the Auckland subforum, it doesn't seem like *any* waitlist offers have gone out, so surely there'll be a fair bit of movement on the Otago waitlist once that happens?
I reckon you are quite likely to get an offer. Like you said, once Auckland waitlist moves, there might people who reject their otago med for Auckland instead; freeing up more space.

However, I am quite confused as to why UoA still hasn't release any waitlist offers, historically, they should have released them by now. People have gotten different responses from Auckland, some have said that courses are at full capacity and no waitlist offers will be made until the courses free up, while others say no waitlist offers have been given since first round.

blastoff

Has anyone been let into the MBCHB class of 2025 page? My request still hasn't been accepted and I don't want to be missing any info haha

Bootleg

Has anyone been let into the MBCHB class of 2025 page? My request still hasn't been accepted and I don't want to be missing any info haha
I thought you were going to Auckland?

Anyways, they don't let random people into the group page. I believe you got to give them your student ID and details when you click the join button, and they will be cross reference it with a roll sheet with all the names of class 2025 before they let you in.

Babushka

I reckon you are quite likely to get an offer. Like you said, once Auckland waitlist moves, there might people who reject their otago med for Auckland instead; freeing up more space.

However, I am quite confused as to why UoA still hasn't release any waitlist offers, historically, they should have released them by now. People have gotten different responses from Auckland, some have said that courses are at full capacity and no waitlist offers will be made until the courses free up, while others say no waitlist offers have been given since first round.
Thanks for the reply. I had been mentally preparing myself for a decline for months and have still not fully accepted that I'm in a good position lol (I didn't know my GPA when I applied as I had a weird degree structure and the uni wouldn't tell me what papers they were counting). I guess I was also bit worried there would be significantly less movement on the waiting list than other years but it seems to be progressing pretty steadily. I hope Auckland sorts out whatever's happening with them soon

How many A+'s and A's (if any) did you obtain to get a weighted academic score of 9.45?or was it just becaose of covid that everyone got a 5% boost, hence the 9.45 gpa? i could be wrong, but it's not possible to achieve a 9+ weighted score w/out the boost right?
Hey there,

Sorry I'm not the person you've replied to, but in regards to achieving a 9+ weighted score - you can still achieve this without the COVID boost, due to the possibility of 200 level papers replacing 100 level papers (essentially, but it's been explained in a lot more detail in other threads as well).