Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

Cool

Hi All, anyone in the forum can please give advice on Bond Uni Bio Medicine lateral entry into 2nd year medicine - pros and cons please.
This is an easy way to get in to bond medicine. finish first year of Biomed and try with your GPA as an undergraduate candidate entry or finish the Biomed in two years and try as Graduate entry without Gamsat to 2nd year of Med. Bond reserve some places for the Biomed graduates from Bond.

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
I dont see any real benefit for it, it doesnt seem that you get any real benefit in selection for doing the program. According to the website 76 people started the course last year and that
The selection process will be based on GPA, psychometric testing and an interview. Places in Year 2 of the BMedSt for the graduates of the Bachelor of Biomedical Science are limited and dependant on availability. Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the BMedSt.
Meaning that the application to offer ratio is pretty crap.

Imo your better off starting a different degree elsewhere and applying nonstandard, then graduate. The general advice from MSO is to pick something that you would be interested in pursuing if you dont get into medicine.

^^ good reading

Gm23

Hey guys, is anyone please able to pm me about how to join a group that has been made for interview prep? Or if there are any current medical students at bond that would be willing to have a chat that would be immensely appreciated.
Thank you!

lakarp

Lurker
Hi all! If anyone wants to join a Facebook messenger group chat for interview prep, please PM me your facebook name (and what your profile pic looks like) and I'll add you
Hey, I'd love to join to FB messenger group! My FB name is Laasya Karpuram and my profile is me in front of a blue lake looking to the side wearing a blue shirt with colourful leaves haha

attaboy

on the interview letter on the attached PDF, it said that the interview is one of the factors which determines selection for an offer? does this mean our psych test or academic achievement has some bearing now on final offer ? has anyone called the university to find out about this potentially?

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
What does it mean on QTAC for the interview section “Status not yet determined” - does that mean I definitely don’t have an invite, or are they still processing?
Generally the rule of thumb around here is that unless that TAC code says 'confirmed' or 'denied' it's to be ignore. I doubt Bond will still be processing interviews, but if others drop them you might get a top up.

on the interview letter on the attached PDF, it said that the interview is one of the factors which determines selection for an offer? does this mean our psych test or academic achievement has some bearing now on final offer ? has anyone called the university to find out about this potentially?
IIRC on the Bond Guide it said that it was only the interview that counted. Technically ATAR and Psych test did have a bearing for an interview which is required for a place.

Last edited:

Spectre

No this is not a case.

This year is one off offer.
If you manage to qualify for interviews they send you a link with your interview offer (which by now all have been sent out), to state your preference if you qualified would you prefer the may or september intake. Also the preface given said that bond is looking at opening another application round in september, once finalised by AMC. But, if you dont qualify the interviews, that does not mean you are given any special preference when applying for the Sept intake (TBC) the only difference is that they will use your psychometric marks from May and compare your results against the new pool of applicants for your qualification for interviews then.

Spectre

Hy guys,

I just joined MSO cs it is difficult to find like minded ppl when preparing for an interview. I got offered the interview on the 19th around 6:04pm, which was a nerve wrecking day for me. Back story on me I am a 2nd year biomed student at Bond, if you are one of them pm me. However, something got me thinking and its difficult to find definitive answers to these kind of things. Our GPA/ATAR qualifies us for Psycho, Psycho marks qualify us for interview, but is the offer based on the interviews solely? Because your academics (GPA/ATAR) was already used to qualify you for psycho or will it be used again to weigh your Academics and Interview Marks against the new "Interviewed Pool of Applicants"

Let me what you think.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hy guys,

I just joined MSO cs it is difficult to find like minded ppl when preparing for an interview. I got offered the interview on the 19th around 6:04pm, which was a nerve wrecking day for me. Back story on me I am a 2nd year biomed student at Bond, if you are one of them pm me. However, something got me thinking and its difficult to find definitive answers to these kind of things. Our GPA/ATAR qualifies us for Psycho, Psycho marks qualify us for interview, but is the offer based on the interviews solely? Because your academics (GPA/ATAR) was already used to qualify you for psycho or will it be used again to weigh your Academics and Interview Marks against the new "Interviewed Pool of Applicants"

Let me what you think.

If you have a read through the Bond pages this is discussed in some detail. I'm not fully up to date, but I believe it's as follows:

Academics are used for the psychometric test
Psychometric test results are used for the interview
Interview performance is used for offers