Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UoO: Alternative ('Other') Category Chat/Enquiries

Niya

I have just submitted my application for alternative entry 2022 UoO. It took a lot of courage to get this far. I am my worst critic so fingers crossed. This forum has been helpful reading all experiences and mind blowing grades. I'm from refugee background so +++ inferiority complex. Did my undergrad and postgrad in nursing at Massey and UoA. Been practicing for 6 years. I've also registered for UCAT for UoA graduate entry. I'd rather try now than spend the rest of my life regretting I never did
Hey Carmax I submitted my application too, this evening. Imo you have a really good chance to get through both UoO and UoA with your nursing background and 6 years of experience🤞🤞 Yeah this is a really helpful forum with lots of information ,I’m thankful to each and everyone who’s contributed their experiences here.
I wish you all the very best with your UCAT prep and both your applications!

drum99

UoA MBChB III
I have just submitted my application for alternative entry 2022 UoO. It took a lot of courage to get this far. I am my worst critic so fingers crossed. This forum has been helpful reading all experiences and mind blowing grades. I'm from refugee background so +++ inferiority complex. Did my undergrad and postgrad in nursing at Massey and UoA. Been practicing for 6 years. I've also registered for UCAT for UoA graduate entry. I'd rather try now than spend the rest of my life regretting I never did
Good luck! Wow what an inspiring story. What country are you from? Well if you get in to UoA we can be friends haha!! I'm older and hoping there will be a good crew of graduate entry students next year (currently doing some 1st year papers)

Carmax

Thank you...will sure pick up the friendship offer if i get into UoA. Finding time to study for UCAT appears a bit challenging with a full time job...but i'll wing it.

drum99

UoA MBChB III
Thank you...will sure pick up the friendship offer if i get into UoA. Finding time to study for UCAT appears a bit challenging with a full time job...but i'll wing it.
Yeah I feel ya on that one! It is a mission eh. The blimmen UCAT. Crikey what a trip. Good luck studying for it! I reckon the best way is just to do millions of practice questions....

Niya

Hi guys, I just saw this update (image below) on my application status on eVision. Although I applied under the alternate category, it now shows up as "Cancelled". I do see a new "Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery" being added as "Application in progress".

I'm a bit concerned to see the application under alternative category as cancelled. Do any of you who applied this year see the same status ?

Thanks.

ApplicationStatus.jpg

Jhoafla

Hi guys, I just saw this update (image below) on my application status on eVision. Although I applied under the alternate category, it now shows up as "Cancelled". I do see a new "Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery" being added as "Application in progress".

I'm a bit concerned to see the application under alternative category as cancelled. Do any of you who applied this year see the same status ?

Thanks.

View attachment 4604
that's weird, mine doesn't say cancelled but it also only shows bach of medicine and bach of surgery. not alternative category... maybe we should check with the uni

Niya

Hi Jhoafla and Carmax. Yeah I think so too it seems to be normal considering even you both see the same - just found it weird so asked about it here.
Also I had previously mailed the university (before submission)a couple of queries about my application. They just replied now saying that they have checked my application and everything looks good to continue processing it for the alternate category.
So that’s a confirmation too that its all good and we can take it easy for now😉

ETA :- I realised for you both it doesn’t show Alternate category cancelled but only MB ChB application in progress so I got in touch with the university again regarding my Alternate status showing as cancelled while MB ChB in progress. They said this is just a display issue and my application is still being processed as normal, under the correct category. And there’s nothing to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jhoafla

I thought they are only contacted if you make it past the interview, is that correct? Otherwise I better let mine know!
Yeh I'm not sure either , but after looking at older posts over the years some people suggested that their referees were contacted prior to interview selection. But who knows

Hachi126

Lurker
Yeh I'm not sure either , but after looking at older posts over the years some people suggested that their referees were contacted prior to interview selection. But who knows
hmmmm... the awkward decision of whether to let my manager know that i hate my job and want to pursue something else (and may not even get an interview)....

Jhoafla

hmmmm... the awkward decision of whether to let my manager know that i hate my job and want to pursue something else (and may not even get an interview)....
Ah that's tough !
Would you get fired if you tell them your pursuing med ? If so then maybe wait until you hopefully get an interview. I've told everyone at my work and they are all expecting me to leave.. awkward If I don't get in lol

Hachi126

Lurker
Ah that's tough !
Would you get fired if you tell them your pursuing med ? If so then maybe wait until you hopefully get an interview. I've told everyone at my work and they are all expecting me to leave.. awkward If I don't get in lol
Nah I wouldn't get fired... i hope ha! Yeah that's the thing, you kinda want to keep it under wraps just in case!

Niya

I thought they are only contacted if you make it past the interview, is that correct? Otherwise I better let mine know!
As far as I know, they are contacted once you are offered an interview (not past the interview) Sometimes referees are contacted, as per this thread even before you get informed that you are offered an interview. (Not always though)
Keep an eye after 20th May onwards, that’s when they usually let us and our referees know if we have been offered an interview.
Good luck!🤞