Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Bond Bond Medicine: General Discussion

dotwingz

Google Enthusiast
Pro tip: A kidney will cover the cost of the non fee help component of Bond, and you only need one of them aswell.

Hi guys does anyone know if there’s any groups/groupchats for the sept21/may22 cohort? I joined the Bond MD 2021 group on FB but it seems like it’s mainly for the may21 cohort :)

Gangau

Hi guys does anyone know if there’s any groups/groupchats for the sept21/may22 cohort? I joined the Bond MD 2021 group on FB but it seems like it’s mainly for the may21 cohort :)

IF Sep 21 is approved, then BOND MD SEP 2021 will be formed as well as BOND MD MAY 2021.

If goes to May 22, then normal BOND MD 2022 will be formed.

At moment, conditional SEP 21 to join BOND MD 2021 is meaningless.

May form unofficial MD SEP 2021 for your compliance and other stuff

Last edited:

mystery

Hey everyone,
I know it's over now, but I heard people got rejection emails for their application this year. I didn't get an offer (clearly lol) but I also didn't get a rejection email, so I'm not sure what to think about it. I called Bond a few times, and they say that the email will come within the end of the week, and it never came. I also don't think there's a possibility that they just missed my name when sending the emails because I gave them my name every time. I guess I'm writing this to see if anyone else is in the same boat or not. Just a weird thing from Bond not to send an email to everyone isn't it?

Hi Everyone!

For general info, I applied to Bond this year for the first time and got an interview but unfortunately didn’t get an offer. I’m applying again next year with my ATAR (as by the time I would’ve done less than a year of my uni course). I was wondering how many of you or how likely it is to get another interview with the same psychometric results because I was a little worried about whether the results from this year would be good enough for an interview next year as well?

Ollie17

Hi Everyone!

For general info, I applied to Bond this year for the first time and got an interview but unfortunately didn’t get an offer. I’m applying again next year with my ATAR (as by the time I would’ve done less than a year of my uni course). I was wondering how many of you or how likely it is to get another interview with the same psychometric results because I was a little worried about whether the results from this year would be good enough for an interview next year as well?
I guess that depends on how well you did. 😀 Nothing you can do about it now. think Positive!

Caffeine

Hi Everyone!

Impossible to predict as this entirely depends on how the current cohort of applicants do. If the current cohort do quite poorly then your chances would be good but if they do well then it's less likely. You'll only really be able to tell once Bond sends interview invites.

If I was to early entry apply into finance degree (commerce) at bond but still apply for bond med through QTAC, will that jeopardise my chances at Bond med? I feel like the only thing would be in the interview if that question pops up and then I can just explain why I applied for that but still would rather med?

A1

Rookie Doc
If I was to early entry apply into finance degree (commerce) at bond but still apply for bond med through QTAC, will that jeopardise my chances at Bond med? I feel like the only thing would be in the interview if that question pops up and then I can just explain why I applied for that but still would rather med?
I remember someone saying Bond requires its med to be 1st preference in QTAC when applicants are selected for the Psych test (around mid-late January?). So if you have got the early offer by then and move it out of the way you should be fine.

Also don't worry about having to explain why you applied for another course. It's never seen as a negative on med applicants since they all know not everyone gets a med offer they NEED to have an alternative.

I remember someone saying Bond requires its med to be 1st preference in QTAC when applicants are selected for the Psych test (around mid-late January?). So if you have got the early offer by then and move it out of the way you should be fine.

Also don't worry about having to explain why you applied for another course. It's never seen as a negative on med applicants since they all know not everyone gets a med offer they NEED to have an alternative.
Thank you very much! Also, if I still wanna get into Bond med post grad, do I need to choose specific bond courses or can I get into courses at other unis and then transfer in post grad?

#lurker

Thank you very much! Also, if I still wanna get into Bond med post grad, do I need to choose specific bond courses or can I get into courses at other unis and then transfer in post grad?
You can do either but the big thing is having a really strong GPA. Bond used to reserve up to five places from their own undergraduate students (Biomed etc) for the postgrad cohort. Historically they took about 20 postgrads in total but it looks like that may have changed with the increase in places for this year. FYI, they also changed the rules for selecting who gets in. It used to be that once you got to the interview stage, offers were entirely dependant on interview performance. That was not the case for 2021 admissions. This year the offer was dependant upon on a combination of ATAR/GPA + interview and maybe psychometric test results. They didn't release how each was weighted. I'd check their website to see the rules about 2022 admissions, incl post grad admissions.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
You can do either but the big thing is having a really strong GPA. Bond used to reserve up to five places from their own undergraduate students (Biomed etc) for the postgrad cohort. Historically they took about 20 postgrads in total but it looks like that may have changed with the increase in places for this year. FYI, they also changed the rules for selecting who gets in. It used to be that once you got to the interview stage, offers were entirely dependant on interview performance. That was not the case for 2021 admissions. This year the offer was dependant upon on a combination of ATAR/GPA + interview and maybe psychometric test results. They didn't release how each was weighted. I'd check their website to see the rules about 2022 admissions, incl post grad admissions.

This is a really helpful update, thanks. Would you happen to have a link to where Bond have confirmed the combo of results was used to determine offer eligibility? I understand they didn’t release the weighting, but just wondering if formal confirmation of this change has been published. Thank you!!

#lurker

This is a really helpful update, thanks. Would you happen to have a link to where Bond have confirmed the combo of results was used to determine offer eligibility? I understand they didn’t release the weighting, but just wondering if formal confirmation of this change has been published. Thank you!!

Below is an excerpt from the website re admissions. Note the interview does NOT test academic achievement. The rest of the factors are expressly stated elsewhere in the site as being qualities tested in the interview & psychometric test. The website used to indicate that the offer is made solely on the basis of performance in interview. It no longer says that.

Step 3: Interview​

Shortlisted applicants are invited to an interview in person at Bond University on the Gold Coast, where their general suitability to medicine and preparedness to undertake a highly demanding course will be examined in a structured multi mini interview (MMI).

Applicants will be assessed on the following:

• Outstanding academic achievement
  • Demonstrated ability to achieve graduate outcomes of:
    • Knowledge and critical thinking
    • Leadership, Initiative and teamwork
    • Communication skills
    • Responsibility
Once the interviews are complete, successful applicants are made on offer into the Bond Medical Program. This offer must be accepted within a specified timeframe. Bond University may make subsequent offers until all available places are filled.

ucatboy

final year eek
Valued Member

Below is an excerpt from the website re admissions. Note the interview does NOT test academic achievement. The rest of the factors are expressly stated elsewhere in the site as being qualities tested in the interview & psychometric test. The website used to indicate that the offer is made solely on the basis of performance in interview. It no longer says that.

Step 3: Interview​

Shortlisted applicants are invited to an interview in person at Bond University on the Gold Coast, where their general suitability to medicine and preparedness to undertake a highly demanding course will be examined in a structured multi mini interview (MMI).

Applicants will be assessed on the following:

• Outstanding academic achievement
  • Demonstrated ability to achieve graduate outcomes of:
    • Knowledge and critical thinking
    • Leadership, Initiative and teamwork
    • Communication skills
    • Responsibility
Once the interviews are complete, successful applicants are made on offer into the Bond Medical Program. This offer must be accepted within a specified timeframe. Bond University may make subsequent offers until all available places are filled.
I dunno, lack of a confirmation doesn't necessarily mean the opposite is true. Has Bond elaborated further on this in any communications, email or otherwise, to you? It would be quite an interesting development if true.

Edit: I'm looking at archived versions of the same webpage and I can't seem to find Bond explicitly stating that interviews are 100%, that has since been removed.

Okay cool that’s good to know cause I didn’t really wanna have to do some bond course to have the opportunity to get into bond med later on post grad if I don’t get in now hahah. Do I need to do specific units to apply postgrad? Like do I have to do biomed? Or could I do like medical imaging or engineering or smt?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Okay cool that’s good to know cause I didn’t really wanna have to do some bond course to have the opportunity to get into bond med later on post grad if I don’t get in now hahah. Do I need to do specific units to apply postgrad? Like do I have to do biomed? Or could I do like medical imaging or engineering or smt?

You can do any undergrad degree, I believe. Medical imaging and engineering both sound good! Nice back ups should Med not happen, too. Just make sure you’ve met the pre-requisites (which can be done in high school).

You can also use your Med imaging/engineering/other degree to apply to JCU, UNSW, JMP, JPM (and UTAS and Curtin at different points) if you’re keen to apply widely (always advisable).