Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

International Students: General Medicine Entry

raphel

Lurker
Hi! I'm an international student currently a first year uni student and I just got a conditional offer from WSU medicine. The condition was to submit my first year university transcript and I was wondering does anyone know what their cutoff is for the uni GPA or WAM? My uni does a scale of 4.0 GPA but WSU seems to go for the other scale (is it 7.0 max? I'm not sure). How can I convert the GPA then?

Thanks in advance! :D
If you've completed one year of university, you will need a minimum GPA of 5.9 which is about a 3.3 out of 4. This is all listed here: International Applicants for the MD | Western Sydney University
Are you an offshore student?

Asynn

Hey! I just completed my interview for UAdel today. Anyone else? How did the interview go for you? I feel like the interview was like a casual convo but I didn't get to say much to impress the interviewers.

ezzien

Hey! I just completed my interview for UAdel today. Anyone else? How did the interview go for you? I feel like the interview was like a casual convo but I didn't get to say much to impress the interviewers.
Hi, yes pretty casual and kinda not able to impress too. U went for dentistry or Med ?

Asynn

Same here. How did u fare for yr UCAT ? I didn’t do well than expected… 2800
I got 2800 as well! Hopefully we will both get in ☺️. I had a friend who got in with 2820 last year so I think we have a good chance of getting in :)

7777777j

Hi! I'm an international student currently a first year uni student and I just got a conditional offer from WSU medicine. The condition was to submit my first year university transcript and I was wondering does anyone know what their cutoff is for the uni GPA or WAM? My uni does a scale of 4.0 GPA but WSU seems to go for the other scale (is it 7.0 max? I'm not sure). How can I convert the GPA then?

Thanks in advance! :D
Really? WSU officer just told me they would not send any conditional offers..

tylow2

Just wondering, anyone applying for UAdel Med 2023 Intake cus of NS? Or r most of yall going for next year feb intake? Anyway, leaving a mandatory prayer here for all of yall hopefully first round offers will come our way 👍🏻👍🏻

ezzien

Just wondering, anyone applying for UAdel Med 2023 Intake cus of NS? Or r most of yall going for next year feb intake? Anyway, leaving a mandatory prayer here for all of yall hopefully first round offers will come our way 👍🏻👍🏻
Haha… no NS as I am a gal here applying for 2022 intake. Does this mean u wont make it for 2022 if offer is given to u?

tylow2

Haha… no NS as I am a gal here applying for 2022 intake. Does this mean u wont make it for 2022 if offer is given to u?
Yup haha, means I would be deferring the offer for a year. Kinda sad that sg only grants ns deferrment for local med students..