Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

UCAT Results Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP refers to Full Fee Place , E12 is an entry scheme which reduces the minimum ATAR requirement for USYD Medicine and Dentistry [And other courses]. More information about these are available on the university websites
The ffp seems really expensive... I think I would rather do graduate entry tbh. I feel really confident for the interview but it seems the hardest part will be getting one from Monash. Considering I have 80th percentile ucat and 99.5+ ATAR, doesn't that give me a decent chance to get interview for Monash (I am from VIC btw and am pretty I don't have any special entry schemes other than maybe a bit of SEAS which I applied for because of COVID)?

A1

Rookie Doc
The ffp seems really expensive... I think I would rather do graduate entry tbh. I feel really confident for the interview but it seems the hardest part will be getting one from Monash. Considering I have 80th percentile ucat and 99.5+ ATAR, doesn't that give me a decent chance to get interview for Monash (I am from VIC btw and am pretty I don't have any special entry schemes other than maybe a bit of SEAS which I applied for because of COVID)?
Have a look in these posts. There was a 76%ile 99.8 (IB44), 80%ile 99.35, 83%ile 99.0, so maybe your 80%ile 99.5+ will scrape in

> 2019 Entry Interview Invites - Collated
> 2021 Entry Interview Invite DATA COLLECTION

ucat3300+

Whilst procrastinating for my studies, I made this table showing the percentile cutoffs.

I post this because the "UCAT ANZ Percentile Look Up" calculator on ucat.edu.au will be taken down when next year's test cycle comes around, and the summary statistics do not show percentile cutoffs (they only show decile cutoffs).

I hope this information is useful for those who are taking the test in 2022 (which will include myself, if I get 0 offers this year)..
CutoffPercentile

Last edited:

DLS

Lurker
Applying for: Medicine
Application Type: Non-standard
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 97.1
UCAT Percentile Rank: 90
VR: 610
DM:
QR:
AR:
Total:
SJ:
Possible WSU Formula Total (58%VR + 12%DM + 12%QR + 18%AR):
dont care didn't get an int
Current State:
NSW
Applying to:
WSU, Newy, UNSW, JCU
Rural Applicant: No
GWS Applicant: Yes
Indigenous Applicant: No
Other: SCATS applicant.
Specific Question: Any opinions accepted but do you reckon UNSW will accept me based on my scores with SCATS approved? Previously, people have gotten interviews with EAS ~70% UCAT and 99 atars.

KENG

Hey guys.
Atar came out today and I was thinking about where I am standing in terms of getting an offer for Adl Uni med.
I am an SA kid, not rural, and justed graduated high school.
I got an atar of 99.45 and a ucat score of 2980.
What do you think my chances are of getting a med offer?
P.s: sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I am still new to this 😊

Caffeine

Hey guys.
Atar came out today and I was thinking about where I am standing in terms of getting an offer for Adl Uni med.
I am an SA kid, not rural, and justed graduated high school.
I got an atar of 99.45 and a ucat score of 2980.
What do you think my chances are of getting a med offer?
P.s: sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I am still new to this 😊
I think it would depend on your interview, with your ATAR being above average it is helpful, your UCAT though is kind of average/a bit below average for a competitive offer I would say if there is no quota on locals for offers as well. If your interview went poorly it might not be enough though so it depends on how you performed in your interview.

KENG

I think it would depend on your interview, with your ATAR being above average it is helpful, your UCAT though is kind of average/a bit below average for a competitive offer I would say if there is no quota on locals for offers as well. If your interview went poorly it might not be enough though so it depends on how you performed in your interview.
Thanks

Hey, everyone! I am an SA kid and I received my final results today. I have a ATAR of 98.70 (with UES), however my UCAT is below 50th percentile! Hence, I know I have no chance this year! However, I need some advice and didn't know where to write this, so I am going to write it here.

I just wanted to ask if it would be wise to take a gap year and reattempt the UCAT (and actually try this time because I gave up this year). If I did do that and end up getting a competitive UCAT score, would I be able to get in to undergrad Med with that ATAR for, say, Flinders? Also, does anyone know if I could maybe pickup another subject to better my ATAR into the 99 region (with UES)

Or would it simply be better to start a degree and go the post grad way or, like at Uni Adelaide where there can be internal transfer into Med with a good UCAT and GPA? I am extremely conflicted here. Could someone please help me?!!!!!

Also, how hard is it to transfer universities? Just out of curiosity!

Hey, everyone! I am an SA kid and I received my final results today. I have a ATAR of 98.70 (with UES), however my UCAT is below 50th percentile! Hence, I know I have no chance this year! However, I need some advice and didn't know where to write this, so I am going to write it here.

I just wanted to ask if it would be wise to take a gap year and reattempt the UCAT (and actually try this time because I gave up this year). If I did do that and end up getting a competitive UCAT score, would I be able to get in to undergrad Med with that ATAR for, say, Flinders? Also, does anyone know if I could maybe pickup another subject to better my ATAR into the 99 region (with UES)

Or would it simply be better to start a degree and go the post grad way or, like at Uni Adelaide where there can be internal transfer into Med with a good UCAT and GPA? I am extremely conflicted here. Could someone please help me?!!!!!

No advice but congratulations on a brilliant ATAR 👏👏

JCUlove

Just in regards to the tertiary transfer pathway for Adelaide - it is true that it is highly competitive as there are so many students attempting to go down the pathway… however it is a lot easier to get a 7.0 GPA than it is to get a 99.95 ATAR and seeing how good your ATAR this year is, I doubt you would struggle in the health and medical sciences degree! Congrats by the way!

bm112

Hi! What kind of ATAR is generally needed for a chance for Med offer at Flinders? I’ve just received 99.55 ATAR and was wondering if I had a chance for a Flinders offer? (live in SA, non rural, 96th percentile ucat) Thanks!

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Hi! What kind of ATAR is generally needed for a chance for Med offer at Flinders? I’ve just received 99.55 ATAR and was wondering if I had a chance for a Flinders offer? (live in SA, non rural, 96th percentile ucat) Thanks!
You really need 99.95 (with adjustment points) given how generous SATAC is with their ATAR adjustment scheme.

kitkat45

hello!
my selection rank for flinders med would be 99.95 (ues) but my ucat is only 64th percentile, (2640).
do i stand a chance this year?

also, what kind of position on the waiting list on the day of the first offer round results in an offer?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
hello!
my selection rank for flinders med would be 99.95 (ues) but my ucat is only 64th percentile, (2640).
do i stand a chance this year?

also, what kind of position on the waiting list on the day of the first offer round results in an offer?
64th%ile would not typically be competitive for Flinders. And I’m not sure if waitlist information is actually provided by Flinders, tbh, so can’t answer your follow up question.

Hey guys.
I am wondering what are my chances of getting an interview invite for Monash with a 99.7 ATAR (boosted up to 99.95 with Monash Guarantee and SEAS) with an embarrassing 86th percentile UCAT? Were there any students that received an invite with a combo like this in previous years?

RobT2

Hey guys.
I am wondering what are my chances of getting an interview invite for Monash with a 99.7 ATAR (boosted up to 99.95 with Monash Guarantee and SEAS) with an embarrassing 86th percentile UCAT? Were there any students that received an invite with a combo like this in previous years?
I don't think there is any need to call any results embarrassing. Everyone has worked hard and there is more to being a good doctor than numbers gained in a test.

I don't think there is any need to call any results embarrassing. Everyone has worked hard and there is more to being a good doctor than numbers gained in a test.
Hey everyone. I would just like to apologise for my inappropriate use of the adjective 'embarrassing' to describe my UCAT score. Everyone has worked so hard these two years and should be proud of what they have achieved. Moderator can you please delete my message as for some reason I do not have the capability to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.