Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Griffith Dentistry: Admissions General Discussion

Caffeine

So the latest info on Griffith Dent Interviews says that there will be “5 Scenarios” of 5 minutes each. Now does the fact that they said “scenarios” instead of “stations” mean that all 5 will be ethical scenarios that look at factors like compassion, communication and ethics, or should we still expect a mix of ethical scenarios and generic questions stations like “why dentistry?” or “why Griffith” and “what makes a good dentist” etc.?
No one will know the answer to this as this is the first year Griffith are doing interviews

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
I think perhaps you could be reading too much into the terminology...if the medicine interview is anything to go by (noting the school of Medicine and Dentistry recently merged and are now a single school) then you can expect both ethical and motivational questions among others.

Unluckydude

noting the school of Medicine and Dentistry recently merged and are now a single school
Do you know why Griffith merged them? I thought their dental school are doing quite well financially because of the full-fee structure. Was it for some administrative or academic reasons?

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Do you know why Griffith merged them? I thought their dental school are doing quite well financially because of the full-fee structure. Was it for some administrative or academic reasons?
Haha. The entire uni merged 8 schools to 5 in response to the financial ruin created by COVID. I don’t think the dent school had much say in the matter regardless of their independent success!

Unluckydude

Haha. The entire uni merged 8 schools to 5 in response to the financial ruin created by COVID. I don’t think the dent school had much say in the matter regardless of their independent success!
oh, wow. I heard that some dental schools are the brink of full closure because of covid, RIP that.

Caffeine

Does anyone know how many spots are available for non-rural people? I know they interview ~300 people and just want to know what my chances are
It depends on the quota they have for rural students. I would wager around 75 for nonstandard's with the remaining going for rural students if 85 is indeed the total number of places.