Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

Griffith Question - Where the hell is the GQA Building?

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
I've been looking at this map and I still can't find the elusive GQA (Qld Academy building). Unless of course this building is actually the Qld Academy of Medical and Health Sciences.

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

sckimvip

I've been looking at this map and I still can't find the elusive GQA (Qld Academy building). Unless of course this building is actually the Qld Academy of Medical and Health Sciences.

Hey shinigami I am not 100% sure what GQA is but i think it stands for Goldcoast queensland Academy. For examgple the clinical ciences 2 is G16, all the building legends(?) starts with G at the begining so im assuming that GQA is the QA at the GC campus Also I cant see any builidng's name that look to have an initial of QA apart from Queensland academy.

Hey i have a question too. hey what exactly is a medical practitioner strnad anyway? btw you are not an international student right? becuase the website says that the medical practioner strand is not available to international students. (http://www14.gu.edu.au/cis/p_cat/require.asp?ProgCode=1259&Type=structure). is it important to do it in order to become a dentist? if you know can you explain it to me? thanks
PS: anyone who knows about this, can you plz explain thnaks

~shinigami~

。◕‿◕。
Emeritus Staff
Hey shinigami I am not 100% sure what GQA is but i think it stands for Goldcoast queensland Academy. For examgple the clinical ciences 2 is G16, all the building legends(?) starts with G at the begining so im assuming that GQA is the QA at the GC campus Also I cant see any builidng's name that look to have an initial of QA apart from Queensland academy.

Hey i have a question too. hey what exactly is a medical practitioner strnad anyway? btw you are not an international student right? becuase the website says that the medical practioner strand is not available to international students. (http://www14.gu.edu.au/cis/p_cat/require.asp?ProgCode=1259&Type=structure). is it important to do it in order to become a dentist? if you know can you explain it to me? thanks
PS: anyone who knows about this, can you plz explain thnaks

It's for people who have a prior "medical practitioner qualification" according to the site so I'm guessing it's someone who already has a MBBS. This strand lets you skip certain things that you've probably done as part of your MBBS program. Credit exemption?

Last edited:

sckimvip

It's for people who have a prior "medical practitioner qualification" according to the site so I'm guessing it's someone who already has a MBBS. This strand lets you skip certain things that you've probably done as part of your MBBS program. Credit exemption?

hey thanks um so do undergraduate students who got into dent do it too or? are you doing it too or?

Ennis

I'm pretty sure you don't need to care about the medical practitioner strand at all.

Veon

Medical Practioner Strand is for people looking to become OMF surgeon, and who did Med first.

Mana

there are no stupid questions, only people
Administrator
Ooh, a fast-track dental degree... :D

sckimvip

Medical Practioner Strand is for people looking to become OMF surgeon, and who did Med first.

ah ok thanks so i dont need to worry about it then and so you guys dont do that then i c what is an OMF surgeon? what does OMF stand for?

D

dosmapo

Shingami....Ankits friend?..

Anyway, If it is you, then remember the Construction happening beside the Uni Village? Well that is the Academy.

The Academy is located just before you cross the 'only' bridge to the University and is built right beside the Griffith University Village (another accomodation option for you)