(Updated 03/08/2020) All members should read and follow these rules on MSO before posting. Not following the rules may lead to warnings, temporary restrictions, or permanent bans:
1. Be civil.
2. No vulgar or violent images, pornography, or profanity.
3. Don't make MSO difficult for others to read. This means no large signatures, hard to read fonts, or posting in languages other than English.
4. Don't reveal other people's personal information.
5. Don't pretend to be someone you are not. This includes claiming to be a member of staff when you are not, claiming to be a doctor/dentist when you are not, or claiming to be a medical/dental student when you are not.
6. You are allowed to register a single MSO account (if you forget your log-in details and create a new account, please notify staff immediately).
7. No post-padding to inflate post counts.
8. No posting the same question multiple times, including if you are asking in different forums. Post it once and wait for a response.
9. No bumping of threads, including to get a response.
10. Don't post links to illegal or copyrighted material.
11. Don't post links to malicious websites (including those that steal personal information or those that install malware).
12. No discrimination on the basis of race, gender/sexuality, or religion.
13. No discussion of paid preparation services, whether including a direct reference to the name or otherwise.
14. No advertising of goods or services for sale (including text books or preparation materials).
15. Strictly no trolling; confirmed trolls will be banned.
16. No misuse of MSO site features (such as conversations/private messaging) to bully, harrass, solicit, or advertise paid services.
Anyone breaking the above rules may be permanently banned from MSO.
Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads