• MSO wishes all applicants the best of luck in the UCAT!
    Remember, it is important not to post content about specific questions until this season is over (feel free to message a moderator about questions that we can collate later) but we would love to hear about your experiences and results!
    Cheers, Mana
    P.S. you can't dismiss this message

Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2011 Griffith Dentistry Offers Out NOW!!!!

illmatic

I just rang up GU and apparently your preference does matter very much, they prefer those students with dentistry as their 1st preference than others despite what your rank might be.

KIWIpride

I am only guessing. I guess griffith can do whatever they feel is necessary to separate out applicants...its fair enough to say that the uni "prefers" people who are genuinely willing to attend that uni.

groovejet

Im sorry i would be happy to but the truth is i have no idea. Im ncea you see, and no-one seems to want to release that information to me

starfish

I got too fustrated with finding out when i would receive the email so I called up Griffith University and YAY i got and offer, I got an OP1, (atar 99.8) and i put it as my first preference :D problem is i dont know where the email they definitely sent is...there seems to be a delay in the emails being sent due to the floods, so the lady told me, but i got the offer :D, so if anyone is wondering just call up griffth on (07) 5222 8811 (the queue is a bit long, takes about 15 minutes and I called early) but GOOD LUCK :D

motivate123

a friend of a friend of mine got a griff dent email saying she got a first round offer. her atar was 99.40. so I'm guessing the first round cut off for griff dent should be 99.40 or lower?

hopefully second round goes now by quite a lot. =]

yanyan

so can anyone confirm if they got a main round offer with an ATAR or GPA equivalent of 99.40 or less?

mynameistoolong

I got a 99.5 (sydney school leaver), but didn't get an offer...it wasn't my first preference but according to QTAC the preference number shouldn't have mattered...

motivate123

I got a 99.5 (sydney school leaver), but didn't get an offer...it wasn't my first preference but according to QTAC the preference number shouldn't have mattered...
that's odd.
did you apply through QTAc or uac? cos UAC students haven't received their offers yet. My friend applied through QTAC, with dent as one of her later prefs, maybe 4th pref?

She got an all-rounders award in NSW (for scoring in top band for all subjects) which I'm guessing is equivalent to 1's in all field positions? Probably griffith used field positions to differentiate people also?

mynameistoolong

I applied through both QTAC and UAC. Dent was also my 4th preference (or 3rd can't remember), and I was also an all rounder :S
Do you think not doing biology would have made a difference? I did chemistry.

motivate123

I applied through both QTAC and UAC. Dent was also my 4th preference (or 3rd can't remember), and I was also an all rounder :S
Do you think not doing biology would have made a difference? I did chemistry.
my friend did not do bio either. The only science she did was chemistry.