Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2011 Griffith Dentistry Offers Out NOW!!!!

HYM

I have been offered a position. Got a notification via email tonight then saw that it was on the QTAC online service also.

I am a non-standard. GPA=7.

All the best guys. Keep 'em coming.

NoobyMcNooberton

Congratulations! Now why not buy some loupes from the good guys at GRC Dental and 'Show patients you're serious about your work' though precision, clarity and excellence

dent_guy

HYM i just checked and i got an offer as well. GPA=7

Im so excited i dont think i will sleep tonite!

douseewhatisee

How do we accept but also want to get considered for UQ or JCU?

KIWIpride

Yes me too, I have been offered a position also..yay omg

My first year GPA = 6.83
2nd year = 7
3rd year = 7

boxhunter

Yeh i was gonna say I only receive my marks on the 13th. So I'm guessing UAC gets them in time for Dec 9th release of offers.

monkey magic

Hey Did you guys with offers have a GPA calculated based on your results for this semester?

I got a GPA of 7, I had hd's 7 subjects and got credit for psych... I'm a little scared.

dent_guy

I finished a Masters degree last year. I think this offer round must have been just for NSL that had already completed at least one full year of study.

One quick question; Does the BOH-Dent Science program guarantee entry into Graduate Diploma of Dentistry?

monkey magic

I've done 5 years of study, a double 4 year degree and first year of dent tech. Yah if you succesfuly complete dent sci you get into grad dip automatically.

KIWIpride

One quick question; Does the BOH-Dent Science program guarantee entry into Graduate Diploma of Dentistry?

only upon successful completion. just like any other degree. think of it just like going from 3rd year to 4th year, you would normally have to pass the papers to progress to next year. Therefore, i see BOHDSc and GDIPDent as part of one degree.

Anyway, i graduated this year with biomedical sciences degree. and no, i received my semester 2 marks but haven sent them to qtac...lol dont need to anymore.

dent_guy

Thanks, i knew the answer just in my shocked state wanted to make doubly sure.

For people not already living in the GC, where are ppl thinking of staying? Im from Adelaide so will need to find accom somewhere :s

KIWIpride

no idea.. i want to stay in a residential hall for my first year though.. let's wait for some current gu dent people to pop up on to mso later today and we can ask them where they stayed.

KIWIpride

a que to those who got an interview, did you have gu dent as ur first preference?

an interview? u mean an offer.. yeah it was my first pref. u need to have it as your first pref, to be considered for an early offer. and u wud have to be a non standard

dent_guy

no idea.. i want to stay in a residential hall for my first year though.. let's wait for some current gu dent people to pop up on to mso later today and we can ask them where they stayed.

Yeh thats what i had in mind as well, i heard it is pretty competitive to get into the main res halls. But yes hopefully some of the current GU students can share some of their experiences

monkey magic

Don't go on campus, people were trying to get out of there, it's a dump, there are no carpets and it's like a barracks. There are better and cheaper options available. Look up flatmates.com.au or there are off campus places. If you go with off campus places you'll be locked into a contract too that extends beyond the time you'll be there assuming you go home for holidays.

Southport is the best area to live in for shopping, parkwood is closer to the campus. Most dent students live near the hospital from second year on as the first year is mainly at the parkwood campus and after that moves to the gh1 hospital campus.

You can live at either and bus between , there are some subjects at gh1 like doh every wed at 8am and anatomy labs.