Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2011 Griffith Dentistry Offers Out NOW!!!!

l2009

Apparently, Griffith University Village isn't as good as how it is shown on the website.
I am considering University Village, does anyone have any idea about it?

I didn't live there, but I did visit a friend's place there a few years ago. For the price you pay, it's pretty mediocre. You're probably better off with University Square or University Village.

Lol I got an email from Griffih apparently the cutoff is 99.05.. um ok and they said they cant look into my case personally and they are sure I understand, um no i dont ? ;/

99.05.....? That seems a bit too low IMO. Though they should look into your case, your GPA is too high to ignore lol. What preference did you have it as (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm hoping 2nd round cut off doesn't increase above 99.50....

byf

Lol I got an email from Griffih apparently the cutoff is 99.05.. um ok and they said they cant look into my case personally and they are sure I understand, um no i dont ? ;/

Really? I just got an email that says...

"This years applicants to Dentistry were of such a high calibre that we had to have QSA convert all OP's to ATARs to allow a 2 decimal point differentiation.

Dentistry required an ATAR of 99.85"

How odd...

Huh? I got my email saying this exactly
"I wish to advise the 2011 demand of applications was very high and very competitive. The 2011 cut-off for offers was a highly competitive rank of 99.05 out of a possible 99.9 rank. This means, the minimum grade point average (GPA) required to be achieved across a minimum of one year full time (80CP) of tertiary level study, within an alternative degree program, required to be achieved is a 'high distinction' across all studies"

what is going on here? this is honestly the most confusing period of my life -_- I dont even remember what im fighting for anymore

@mynameistoolong - hey I had bachelor of oral health in dental science as my first preference

drose1

Thank you for your email to the Griffith University School of Medicine.

As the program is very oversubscribed it is highly unlikely that second round offers will be made. Furthermore the rank required for entry is highly unlikely to change.

Kind Regards
Maxine Hughes

Medical Selections
School of Medicine
Centre for Medicine & Oral Health
Griffith University Gold Coast Campus

Sry guys, i just missed it with 99.00. the cutoff was 99.05

Thank you for your email to the Griffith University School of Medicine.

Depending on your ATAR (available from QSA by ringing 07 3397 3955 if you are a QLD student and dont know it)

The cut offs were as follows:

Dentistry 99.05
Med Science Gold Coast 99.7
med Science Nathan 99.65

Kind Regards
Maxine Hughes

Medical Selections
School of Medicine
Centre for Medicine & Oral Health
Griffith University Gold Coast Campus

According to http://www.qtac.edu.au/Courses/coursevacancies.htm#gu, there will be 2nd round offers for griffith dent/med sci. I can't believe that if the cuttoff was 99.05 they would reject that awesome GPA and 99.50. Makes no sense to me whatsoever, but I'm still skeptical as to whether or not it was 99.05, because I recall while waiting on the phone for Griffith, that it says the cutoff was mid range OP1, a 99.05 is a low OP1....(I'm from NSW, correct if I'm wrong pls).

drose1

Now that's something new. Now, I only have to wait to see if i make it to Griffith's second round dentistry. Fingers crossed ^_^

whackymac

For anyone who is wondering, late round offers from QTAC are now released.

I received a late round offer from Griffith for dental science. VERY EXCITED. :lol:

For those who are interested in my marks: my GPA was 6.5.

UMAT Veteran

For anyone who is wondering, late round offers from QTAC are now released.

I received a late round offer from Griffith for dental science. VERY EXCITED. :lol:

For those who are interested in my marks: my GPA was 6.5.

Congrats :) Lookin forward to seeing you around