Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2011 Griffith Dentistry!

dent_guy

Yeh didnt think of that, Dang! So what do ppl think the ATAR required for entry will be? Any suggestions? :s

Jackie

=D
Emeritus Staff
Has already been somewhat stated, 99 ATAR/OP1 will be the case. Not sure how they'll differentiate further.

dent_guy

Are people guessing that more than 85 ppl out of the 800+ will have the OP1 ranking? Any ideas how they will deferentiate candidates if there are more than 85 OP1?

KIWIpride

Are people guessing that more than 85 ppl out of the 800+ will have the OP1 ranking? Any ideas how they will deferentiate candidates if there are more than 85 OP1?
This has been talked about MANY times on this forum and I am sure you came across the answer ===>> NO ONE KNOWS(n)

KIWIpride

And yes, there should be more than 85 people with an OP1. Many more in fact that would have applied.

hey just wondering in terms of QTAC preferencing how it does it work exactly? am i more likely to get a offer if say, i place griffth as my 1st choice?

cheers

KIWIpride

hey just wondering in terms of QTAC preferencing how it does it work exactly? am i more likely to get a offer if say, i place griffth as my 1st choice?

cheers
Simply, it works by working their way down your preference list. They will assess if they can offer you a place for your 1st preference. If not, they will assess the 2nd preference and so on. You usually place as your 1st preference, the degree you would really want to do even if you have a slight chance of getting an offer.

To your second question..well it depends on what courses you have as other preferences to actually compare the competitiveness.

dent_guy

Ok so say there are more than 85 ppl with OP1, is it Qtac or GU that will assess how to differenciate between applicants?

HYM

dent_guy, this was discussed a few weeks ago and nobody knows the answer to this question. We can only speculate. Having said that, if you wish to find out and let us know that would be great :)

I hope they make offers on the 2nd of Dec - less than 2 weeks from now - cant wait.

dent_guy

Hey guys noone will be recieving a offer in December. I have rung both GU and Qtac and they have both confirmed that all offers will be made in the January Round :(

I know people have dicussed it, but was hoping that someone might have some new news on the subject, but i guess there is a chance even GU hasnt decided how they will pick between all the OP1s.