Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2014 Auckland Entry Scores and Offers

Kiwiology

MSO Lawyer
OLY1 Biomed

Core GPA: 8.75
UMAT: 40's percentile (I don't know my raw score cause I don't care haha :p)
MAPAS/Rural: No
Interview offer: Yes

Offer: Waitlisted then accepted on the 15th of Jan 2014

Waitlist with a core GPA of 8.75, you must have been in a very high performing cohort indeed. Great that you got in off the waitlist! :)

no i totally agree! Seeing everyone's GPA who has posted on here, I feel like my GPA was quite low compared to them. So I guess a good interview can make up for low grades :)

congrats biomedder! I have vey similar stats to you, fingers crossed I will be able to see you in Grafton this year :)
also is 7.6 your core or overall GPA (I thought it would either be 7.25, 7.5 or 7.75 as in increments of .25?)

Yup you're right! my mistake sorry! My core GPA is 7.75 :) and I hope to see you around Grafton next year too! good luck :)

Last edited:
Waitlist with a core GPA of 8.75, you must have been in a very high performing cohort indeed. Great that you got in off the waitlist! :)

Yea. We have at least 9 people I know who had perfect GPA of 9 that got in.

Hi just wanted to share my results, I'm still on the waitlist :cry:

Core GPA: 7.75
UMAT: 63rd percentile
OLY1 or Graduate: OLY1 (Biomed)

Anyone with similar results and gotten off the waitlist yet?​

Anchor

Hello there, not a person that either got off or with similar results but I'm also waitlisted ^_^. I just wanted to share my results as well as it can be more helpful for people in the future (contribute to the statistics).

Core GPA: 8.75
UMAT: 48th percentile
OLY1 or Graduate: OLY1 (Biomed)

I did my fair share of lurking haha looking at dates when people get off the waitlist.
Hope we get in... :(, I can't help, but to say its nice to see someone else that's waitlisted and posting :lol: (especially at this time).

d3002

Lurker
Hello there, here to share my own slice of life

Core GPA: 8.00
UMAT: 80th percentile
OLY1 or graduate: OLY1 - Biomed

I was waitlisted, and got in on 12th of January

Last edited:
Reactions: 5HT

lane

[MENTION=17734]easymoneysniper[/MENTION] The New Zealand Medical Journal also says that there are places set aside for rural applicants and I would be more inclined to believe that source than the University website. I think... Things are intentionally vague because... Discretion does (and probably should) play a role. I found something about how the interview provides a useful out for students who are ambivalent etc. Anyway... Things made a lot of sense for me, and I am feeling a lot better about things now. I will just focus on... Doing the work. As best I can. And.. Have faith that that will be enough, yeah.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads