Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2014 JCU Interview Offers

Emie

Well it's very hard to get in without the prerequisites - but they have given you an interview so your application and grades must be very good! There is a chemistry subject that can be done before the semester starts as an intensive - it's teaching from Jan 22 to Feb 13 so technically you could start it 7 days after the qtac release date. I'm not sure how that actually happens though. Check with Robyn.

If you want the details the subject is CH1020 - just search for it on the JCU website.
Who is Robyn and how can I contact her?

TropDoc

I actually can't remember her last name unfortunately, sorry. QTAC doesn't override other things - JCU Medicine isn't an automated process like a lot of other degrees - they pick who they want based on application and interview and then use QTAC to notify.... Maybe just call the college tomorrow and explain - they should be able to give you an answer if you explain your situation. Contact numbers are on the interview invite.

Emie

Thanks for your help everyone, fingers crossed! On a side note, does anyone have any predictions or guesses about how many non-standard applicants are interviewed in total?

dsmalik

So have all 2nd round interview offers been sent out? They start on the 8th, so there doesn't seem to be any time left.

Hi,

Have all interview offers been officially released?

I have tried calling the college they are not picking up.

Regards,

DSM

Last edited:

iMMO

WSU MBBS V
Hi,

Have all interview offers been officially released?

I have tried calling the college they are not picking up.

Regards,

DSM
It is safe to assume all interview emails have been sent out, as they are occurring on the 8th/9th and JCU tend to give 8 days notice.

edwa1414

"Second round" interviewees will be considered in the first round QTAC. They're not technically second round interviews.

Hey [MENTION=21147]TropDoc[/MENTION] I was just wondering where you got this information? The admin lady I asked about this said 2nd round interviews will be given offers through the second round of qtac in early February...but I have to admit she didn't seem very sure of herself...

I called and they said second round interview offers have all been given out. They said that additional interviews may be given out, was she just being nice?

TropDoc

Hey @TropDoc I was just wondering where you got this information? The admin lady I asked about this said 2nd round interviews will be given offers through the second round of qtac in early February...but I have to admit she didn't seem very sure of herself...

There are plenty of people on this forum who get January interviews and first round qtac offers. After all the interviews are held a final, overall rank list is compiled and this is the basis of offers (I don't know the details of how standard vs non-standard lists). My sources while not secret are far too cumbersome to write out - In short, I go to JCU and talk to people in the department. It's all general chit chat, but it's consistent. Never fear non-JCU people, they don't give away any grand secrets (because there are none). The application information pack is by far the best source of information: most questions can be answered by understanding it. And apart from the odd contradictory statement, MSO is also a good source information.

Last edited:

edwa1414

ok no worries thanks [MENTION=21147]TropDoc[/MENTION] . I wonder what the point of doing interviews in two rounds at all is then? Especially considering the fact my GPA is from end-2013...oh well, I'm lucky I've been given a chance so I'm going to run with it.