Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2015 Auckland Entry Scores and Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmortalFire

UoO MBChB II
Soo all my grades are finally out... What a ride this has been!
GPA/Core GPA: 8.8125 (BSc in Physiology) - this is for the last two years
UMAT: 190 overall (96th %ile)
Interview offer: Yes
OLY1/Graduate Entry: GRADUATE
MAPAS: No
Rural: No
Med offer: ???

So does First Year not count for Graduate Entry @ Auckland??

B

blossom

So does First Year not count for Graduate Entry @ Auckland??
? You can only apply through grad when you have a degree.

So if you did first year (biomed/health sci) and then two more years of bsc or whatever you choose to do and then you can apply through grad. If youve only done oly1 then you're only eligible for undergrad.

orilu

So if you did first year (biomed/health sci) and then two more years of bsc or whatever you choose to do and then you can apply through grad. If youve only done oly1 then you're only eligible for undergrad.

Think what ImmortalFire is asking is "are first year/OLY1 grades not included in your final GPA if you apply as a postgrad?"
And for Auckland Med, they aren't.

ImmortalFire

UoO MBChB II

Sorry, I realise that comment is really badly worded. Thanks orilu for answering my question - I have had so many people telling me that First year grades are needed to get an interview, and then you're ranked based on the last two years of your degree. Such a relief that that's not the case :)

Lakeside

Lurker
GPA/Core GPA: 8.5/8.5
UMAT: 76th percentile
OLY1/Graduate Entry: OLY1
Rural: Yes
Med offer:

Sb-630

Lurker
GPA/Core GPA: 8.875/9.0
UMAT: 122 (0-20th %ile)
Med offer: YES! And accepted!!

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone so far, incredible job!!
Does anyone know what the chances are for getting off the waitlist?

Last edited:

Khaos

Don't know if a similar thread has been started, but I thought I might make this one, similar to the one from last year! (Format copied and pasted from last year's as well!)

GPA/Core GPA: 8.325 (BSc in Genetics)
UMAT: 175 overall (85th %ile)
OLY1/Graduate Entry: GRADUATE
Rural: Yes
Med offer: Will keep posted! :)

Good luck everyone!

Don't think I can edit?? - but Offered and Accepted!! :D

allensha

GPA/Core GPA: 7.95
UMAT: 73rd percentile
OLY1/Graduate Entry: Graduate
Med offer: Yes!! Woohoo! :D:D (Update - offered a place from the first round of Otago waitlist offers, so have chosen Otago over Auckland) :)

Last edited:

Anee9

Grad Entry - BHSc at Auckland
GPA over 2 years: 8.13
UMAT: 61st %ile
Interview offer: Yes - but felt it went terribly!
Mapas: No
Med offer: YES!

engapol

I'm pretty devastated that I didn't even get waitlisted, must've cocked up the interview.

For those who got in with grad entry, was it hard to maintain a high GPA over all your papers for two years? I was just thinking how tough this year was (in which we only needed to do well in 4 papers) and I don't know if I'll be able to handle this.

DrFlower

Trainee Intern
I'm pretty devastated that I didn't even get waitlisted, must've cocked up the interview.

For those who got in with grad entry, was it hard to maintain a high GPA over all your papers for two years? I was just thinking how tough this year was (in which we only needed to do well in 4 papers) and I don't know if I'll be able to handle this.
I can understand.. But look on the positive side, doing a BSc or whatever you plan to do is actually going to be very beneficial to you later on. I have 2 friends who told me if they were not to risk their entry into med, would have done a degree before going to med. So Infact having a degree is good, and most western countries only take graduates in med. Maintaining a GPA is not hard if you have the moivation and will to do it. Done loosen it, just keep working even if you get perfect 9.0 in 1st semester. I think what goes wrong in mostt cases is that people slack off if they do well in S1 say for example.
Yes I do have a tendency to make things look easy, I know they are not but realistically you have to dream of something before you achieve it and to achieve it you have to believe in yourself and your work. I know itts hard to do perfecly in all papers, but you dont need tto perfect in every paper... a few 9's with few 8's will give you GPA of 8.5. I mean everything doesnt has to be A+. Aim for whatt you know can achieve and set a goal. Mostt importantly work for it and try to put in your 110% in it, and I' sure you will get there. Good Luck fromy side :)

engapol

I can understand.. But look on the positive side, doing a BSc or whatever you plan to do is actually going to be very beneficial to you later on. I have 2 friends who told me if they were not to risk their entry into med, would have done a degree before going to med. So Infact having a degree is good, and most western countries only take graduates in med. Maintaining a GPA is not hard if you have the moivation and will to do it. Done loosen it, just keep working even if you get perfect 9.0 in 1st semester. I think what goes wrong in mostt cases is that people slack off if they do well in S1 say for example.
Yes I do have a tendency to make things look easy, I know they are not but realistically you have to dream of something before you achieve it and to achieve it you have to believe in yourself and your work. I know itts hard to do perfecly in all papers, but you dont need tto perfect in every paper... a few 9's with few 8's will give you GPA of 8.5. I mean everything doesnt has to be A+. Aim for whatt you know can achieve and set a goal. Mostt importantly work for it and try to put in your 110% in it, and I' sure you will get there. Good Luck fromy side :)

Do they treat graduate GPAs the same as OLY1? Would you say it's easier the 2nd time?

Juandeag

Lurker
Core GPA: 8.25
UMAT: 46th percentile
Med offer: Yes

Trithorax

Lurker
Core GPA: 8.75
UMAT: 56th percentile
OLY1/Graduate Entry: Graduate (BBmedSc at VUW)
Med offer: Yes :D:):D

I've been lurking in and around this forum for a while, thought I'd contribute :)

Status
Not open for further replies.