Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2016 Otago HSFY Ranking Scores and Offers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welly

Lurker
UPDATE: Offered a place in med today (9th March 2017). I was not waitlisted, was straight up rejected initially. I'm posting my rank score below.

UMAT

S1: 51
S2: 57
S3: 53

Weighted: 53.9

HSFY

CELS191: 91%
CHEM191: 88%
HUBS191: 94%
PHSI191: 82%

BIOC192: 95%
HUBS192: 93%
PUBH192: 91%
MAOR102: 97%

HSFY Top 7 Average: 92.7%

Ranking Score: 79.90557143

Applied for:

Medicine - initially unsuccessful but eventually offered
Dentistry - unsuccessful (didn't pass the interview)
Pharmacy - offered
Medical Laboratory Science - offered
Physiotherapy - waitlisted

As you can imagine, I am over the moon as medicine was my lifelong dream and being rejected was beyond devastating. My advice to future health scis is to work very hard at their papers and at UMAT - do lots of practice UMAT papers under exam conditions. As I found out the hard way, UMAT really can make or break you, even if you have very high grades, so please do not underestimate its importance.

Best of luck to everybody doing HSFY in 2017, and remember that miracles do happen!!! (although I certainly would not count on it)

rustyedges

UPDATE: Offered a place in med today (9th March 2017). I was not waitlisted, was straight up rejected initially. I'm posting my rank score below.

UMAT

S1: 51
S2: 57
S3: 53

Weighted: 53.9

HSFY

CELS191: 91%
CHEM191: 88%
HUBS191: 94%
PHSI191: 82%

BIOC192: 95%
HUBS192: 93%
PUBH192: 91%
MAOR102: 97%

HSFY Top 7 Average: 92.7%

Ranking Score: 79.90557143

Applied for:

Medicine - initially unsuccessful but eventually offered
Dentistry - unsuccessful (didn't pass the interview)
Pharmacy - offered
Medical Laboratory Science - offered
Physiotherapy - waitlisted

As you can imagine, I am over the moon as medicine was my lifelong dream and being rejected was beyond devastating. My advice to future health scis is to work very hard at their papers and at UMAT - do lots of practice UMAT papers under exam conditions. As I found out the hard way, UMAT really can make or break you, even if you have very high grades, so please do not underestimate its importance.

Best of luck to everybody doing HSFY in 2017, and remember that miracles do happen!!! (although I certainly would not count on it)

Congratulations, I bet that was a nice surprise!

frootloop

Doctor
Good stuff! Very happy for you :)

Now you need to decide whether to spend your student loan on a stethoscope or celebratory vodka :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads