Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2018 Entry Interview Invites - Collated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell210X

Question (I think I know the answer, but trying to clarify):
For JMP interview selection, is GPA/ATAR just a barrier? As in, if someone doesn't meet the cut-off they are automatically excluded. Then everyone who has met the cut-off criteria is ranked by UMAT score to determine who gets an interview?

maniacfish

Question (I think I know the answer, but trying to clarify):
For JMP interview selection, is GPA/ATAR just a barrier? As in, if someone doesn't meet the cut-off they are automatically excluded. Then everyone who has met the cut-off criteria is ranked by UMAT score to determine who gets an interview?
For JMP interviews are allocated solely on the basis of UMAT section 1 score (looks like 58+ this year) and a minimum of 50 in each section. ATAR is only used after interviews as a threshold, above which it no longer has any weight. Place offers are 100% interview+PQA weighted. The threshold for a standard, non-rural applicant is 94.3
The table has this info for all unis: [Undergrad] - 2017-18 Med schools Selection Criteria Y12s & Non-standards

Bell210X

For JMP interviews are allocated solely on the basis of UMAT section 1 score (looks like 58+ this year) and a minimum of 50 in each section. ATAR is only used after interviews as a threshold, above which it no longer has any weight. Place offers are 100% interview+PQA weighted. The threshold for a standard, non-rural applicant is 94.3
The table has this info for all unis: [Undergrad] - 2017-18 Med schools Selection Criteria Y12s & Non-standards

Yeah I have seen the table, but couldn't see when in the process they use ATAR/GPA. Does this mean that after interviews, some people may end up ineligible (say they got an interview based on UMAT, but ATAR/GPA was actually below the cut-off) ?

A1

Rookie Doc
(say they got an interview based on UMAT, but ATAR/GPA was actually below the cut-off) ?

The ATAR/GPA is supposed to be the first hurdle, but JMP doesn't care to verify it before interview. Anyone going to the interview knowing theirs is below the minimum requirement is most likely going to waste their time. When offers time comes JMP will not relent because giving a place to an ineligible applicant will cause an appeal by an eligible applicant who gets pushed out.

Henzells

Hi,
I got 95th percentile Umat, which off your list should have meant I got an interview offer for Adelaide shouldn't it? I haven't received one...

Second question: this is a bit weird but how do you do well in JMP's PQA? Like, what are they looking for?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hi,
I got 95th percentile Umat, which off your list should have meant I got an interview offer for Adelaide shouldn't it? I haven't received one...

Second question: this is a bit weird but how do you do well in JMP's PQA? Like, what are they looking for?

If you have a gmail account, check your promotions folder. UAdel emails like to hide out in there.

As for the PQA, who knows? I suspect they use it to weed out more than select in, if that makes sense. Just answer honestly, thinking about it too much will do your head in, because there is no information that I've seen on what they're looking for (completely understandably). I could take a (clin psych) educated guess, but it would literally be a guess/largely pointless.

Henzells

If you have a gmail account, check your promotions folder. UAdel emails like to hide out in there.

As for the PQA, who knows? I suspect they use it to weed out more than select in, if that makes sense. Just answer honestly, thinking about it too much will do your head in, because there is no information that I've seen on what they're looking for (completely understandably). I could take a (clin psych) educated guess, but it would literally be a guess/largely pointless.

Thank you. Yep, I got one and it was hidden away.

Janhavi

Lurker
Hi,
Does UWS or Newcastle Uni have a second round of interviews after the atar comes out, like UNSW does?
Also, if i haven't received an interview invite from Newcastle yet, is it safe to remove it from my UAC preferences or should i still be waiting?

acbard9

Auckland MBChB
Additional q. If I have received an offer for a program (which I subsequently deferred), can I take it off my preference list?

Bell210X

Is there a collated list like this for last year's interviews? I know there's a thread of offers but can't find a list.

biom

Supreme Overlord of the Chatbox
Is there a collated list like this for last year's interviews? I know there's a thread of offers but can't find a list.
Here is a great opportunity for you!! If you trawl through all of the 2016 posts, you could create the list and forever be remembered as an MSO hero(ine).

I think the following entry for the JMP table is my daughter's (Jas.E), so should also have rural:

58/55/56 - (79th), 99.00+, school leaver

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
I think the following entry for the JMP table is my daughter's (Jas.E), so should also have rural:

58/55/56 - (79th), 99.00+, school leaver

All those results in that group below the line are rural, I've just missed typing it out specifically for a few (including for Jas.). I'll tidy it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.