Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2018 UoA - MBChB Entry Score and Offers

John_Cena

Anyone got any news of FY's getting in via the waitlist because one of my FY mates got off the waitlist for Optom this week ?

Emerald01

Anyone got any news of FY's getting in via the waitlist because one of my FY mates got off the waitlist for Optom this week ?

Nah, honestly, I don't think any med FY are out yet.. and they won't come this weekend so hopefully this coming week they will start coming out

Verdigris

baby doctor
Silliest Member 2019
Applied for: MBChB, Optometry
FY/Graduate: Graduate
GPA (last two years): 7.79
UMAT percentile: 188 (95th percentile)
RRAS: No
UTAS: No
MAPAS: No
Interview: Yes
Offer:
MBChB: declined straight up
Optometry: accepted (but will refuse)
if only they had counted my pre-Christmas paper... would've been 7.93... #whatcouldhavebeen #sadreaccsonly

yung scurvy

Hey, where abouts are you guys who are still on the waitlist sitting (eg UMAT and GPA)? At least there is a few of us in the same boat!

Emerald01

Has anyone heard of a fy getting off waitlist? Only grads have right?

Yeah haven't heard yet..
We still have a few weeks left and offers seemed to have come out more so towards the end of January and the first week of Feb so we just have to hope they do!

Last edited:

hen

Chroils
Yeah haven't heard yet..
We still have a few weeks left and offers seemed to have come out more so towards the end of January and the first week of Feb so we just have to hope they do!

Hey did offers come out more after the two grads on mso? And if so did it include fy?

yung scurvy

Yeah I’m not sure what the admissions is upto whether they have given out all their offers for waitlist or they are waiting to release them later

yung scurvy

Oh right didn’t realise there was only one waitlist, but how would that work in terms of ranking because aren’t FY and grads done with different ranking systems?
As far as I am aware, they are on the same waitlist.

It was around 10:45 am yesterday.[/QUOT

Emerald01

Oh right didn’t realise there was only one waitlist, but how would that work in terms of ranking because aren’t FY and grads done with different ranking systems?

Yeah, I would have thought they were separate due to the fact that they have a specific number of post-grad positions allocated.. but I'm not 100% sure. Hopefully some more offers come out tonight before the weekend..