Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2019 Entry Interview Invites - Collated

Is the Monash bias against interstate candidates for interview spots as dramatic as people say/the offers on page 1 show? Any chance for a 98 ATAR / 98% UCAT from WA?

A1

Rookie Doc
Is the Monash bias against interstate candidates for interview spots as dramatic as people say/the offers on page 1 show? Any chance for a 98 ATAR / 98% UCAT from WA?

Yes it is dramatic, you can see in this post > Med Place Offers 2017 (Offers Only - All Unis)

The benchmark that year was 99.0 / 90%ile (or equivalent combo like 99.1/89th, 99.2/88th etc) to get an interview. That applicant with 99.9/89th got UNSW but not Monash, whereas we have seen Vic students getting interviews with 99.25/89th & 99.95/80th.

I think 98%ile UCAT interstate will need at least high 98s ATAR.

Yes it is dramatic, you can see in this post > Med Place Offers 2017 (Offers Only - All Unis)

The benchmark that year was 99.0 / 90%ile (or equivalent combo like 99.1/89th, 99.2/88th etc) to get an interview. That applicant with 99.9/89th got UNSW but not Monash, whereas we have seen Vic students getting interviews with 99.25/89th & 99.95/80th.

I think 98%ile UCAT interstate will need at least high 98s ATAR.

As an FYI I applied to Monash last year with 98.90 Atar & 97% umat and didn't get an interview so you're looking at even higher than that

A1

Rookie Doc
Hi for Charles Sturt dentistry, what exactly is a ‘top up interview offer’? thank you in advance!

The school sets for then selects "x" number of applicants to interview. When interview bookings close there may be several empty slots from applicants changing their mind or unable to afford the travel costs. These are then offered to the next-in-line applicants to top up.

Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads