Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2019 Entry Interview Invites - Collated

scd18

Lurker
Hopefully these dates will help interstate applicants:

University: WSU (22/10/18), Adelaide (29/10/18), Sydney (20/12/18), Curtin (11/01/19), UNSW (11/01/19), UWA (11/01/19), Monash (15/01/19)
Course: Med
UMAT raw score: 198
Percentile rank: 98
Section 1: 67
Section 2: 73
Section 3: 58
ATAR/GPA: 99.95
Rural: No
Other Special Considerations: Interstate (QLD)

University: UNSW
Course: Medicine
UMAT raw score: 164
Percentile rank: 72
Section 1: 56
Section 2: 50
Section 3: 57
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 94 (actual was 97.25 and was offered interview on day of atar release)
Rural: no
Other Special Considerations: dux, disadvantaged school list

no offer to course though, just interview invite

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
Are you sure about your numbers? Because they don't seem to add up to 164?
Overall score is the sum of the raw section scores, whereas the section scores are rounded. It’s definitely possible for those three section scores to add up to 164 given that you can’t see the decimal points.

Nlnk

Lurker
University: Adelaide (29/10/18), JMP (30/10/18), Monash (17/12/18), Curtin (11/01/19), UNSW (11/01/19), UWA (11/01/19)
UMAT raw score: 187
Percentile rank: 95
Section 1: 65
Section 2: 62
Section 3: 60
ATAR/GPA: 99.75
Other Special Considerations: N/A
Vic student (interstate for most)
(No invite from WSU)

University: Adelaide (29/10/18), Sydney (20/12/18)
Course: Dent
UMAT raw score: 187
Percentile rank: 95
Section 1: 65
Section 3: 60
ATAR/GPA: 99.75
Other Special Considerations: N/A
Interstate (Vic)

weebuforreal

stats noob and a definite weaboo
Hi,
I got two missed calls at around 5:25pm AEST from the Curtin Medical School Admin Officer. Just wondering if anyone else got a call from them and if so, what it's about.

Gaby99

Lurker
Hi,
I got two missed calls at around 5:25pm AEST from the Curtin Medical School Admin Officer. Just wondering if anyone else got a call from them and if so, what it's about.
Hi,
I got a call from curtin earlier which went to voicemail saying they were checking that I still wanted to attend my interview and to call them if I no longer wanted to.

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
Hopefully these dates will help interstate applicants:

University: WSU (22/10/18), Adelaide (29/10/18), Sydney (20/12/18), Curtin (11/01/19), UNSW (11/01/19), UWA (11/01/19), Monash (15/01/19)
UMAT raw score: 198
Percentile rank: 98
Section 1: 67
Section 2: 73
Section 3: 58
ATAR/GPA: 99.95
Other Special Considerations: Interstate (QLD)

Just wondering if you received a JMP interview and a UTAS offer (assuming you applied to both).

Last edited:

Unlucky

UNSW BMed/MD I
University: Monash
UMAT raw score: 219
Percentile rank: 100
Section 1: 93
Section 3: 63
ATAR/GPA: 98.45
Other Special Considerations: None

Interstate (NSW), not attending
Received 17/01 at 9:30am Sydney time

Numerouno

Hi,
I got a text and an e-mail to sort out the interview invite and any change as needed. It looks like they were trying to accommodate/open up more spots if candidates offered an interview at Curtin have already received offers from other universities (Interstate)...my guess.

Was wondering if a umat of 96% (50/68/73) would have been too low for Monash this time, because it seems like they've already sent out their interstate interview offers and I've not received one? No special consideration/no rural ans atar was 99.80

bigaboy

Just thought it would be worth mentioning that it seems like Monash are still releasing interstate interviews, I got one at 10:56am this morning, and I’m quite confident it’s not a top up interview because of my ATAR and UMAT scores

mtch

Lurker
Just thought it would be worth mentioning that it seems like Monash are still releasing interstate interviews, I got one at 10:56am this morning, and I’m quite confident it’s not a top up interview because of my ATAR and UMAT scores

If it’s okay with you, could you share your results with us? Thanks

Also did anyone else get an interstate offer from monash?

DrDrLMG!

Resident Medical Officer
Administrator
If it’s okay with you, could you share your results with us? Thanks

99.70/99th%ile. If you click on the number next to Messages under a username, you can see that user's previous posts, usually with this kind of information there somewhere.

Also, are you referring to interstate offers, or interstate interview invites?

mtch

Lurker
99.70/99th%ile. If you click on the number next to Messages under a username, you can see that user's previous posts, usually with this kind of information there somewhere.

Also, are you referring to interstate offers, or interstate interview invites?
Interview interstate invites! Sorry for the confusion

ytbytb

Not sure how many Interstate are offered interview at Curtin for 20 or less places maybe!
There were approx 16 Interstate students studying 1st year med at Curtin last year

Interview invite

University:
Curtin
UMAT: 176, 86%ile
Section 1: 55
Section 2: 58
Section 3: 63
ATAR or GPA: 98.05
Special Considerations: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PCH