Registered  members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2020 Entry Interview Invites - Collated (DATA ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me like UWA interview selection for WA applicants is based on UCAT but for interstates ATAR+UCAT. So apart from the consideration given to your UCAT your 99.90 would have played a big part in getting an invite.
UWA has an ATAR threshold of 99. They only interview WA applicants with a predicted ATAR of 99+ (or a a little below 99, just in case their actual ATAR is above the 99 cut off, but then they make it clear that they wont get an enrolment offer unless their actual ATAR clears 99). They take UCAT into account in making interview offers to WA students, but it's not exactly clear how.

From speaking to other students at the information session UWA had for WA applicants who were offered interviews, the UCATs of WA applicants offered interviews was quite varied, and some were a fair bit below 78. My own UCAT was only 84, with a 99.8 predicted ATAR, and I got offered an interview for Med and Dentistry at UWA, and an enrolment offer for Dentistry (which was my first preference) . Not sure what the UCAT cut off ended up being for Med enrolment offers to WA applicants.

University: UNSW, WSU, Monash
Course: Med
Percentile rank: 98%
VR: 700
DM: 730
QR: 860
AR: 830
Total: 3120
SJ: 715
ATAR: 99.90
Rural: Nope
State: NSW
Other Special Considerations: GWS

A1

Rookie Doc
They take UCAT into account in making interview offers to WA students, but it's not exactly clear how.

UWA has made it clear to WA students, after meeting or close to the 99 ATAR mark, interview selection is based solely on UCAT. Thus there is a UCAT cutoff, below it you don't get an invite.

But place offer is different, it's based on combination of Atar+Ucat+Interview scores. Thus no such thing as a UCAT cutoff for place offers. A higher Ucat can miss out while a lower can get an offer, if the latter has better Atar+Interview to rank higher in combination.

19KANguy

Lurker
University: UWA, Curtin University
Percentile rank: 98
VR: 630
DM: 680
QR: 900
AR: 870
Total: 3080
SJ: 661
ATAR: 99.30
Rural: No
Other special considerations: None

Uni: Monash (also got invited to UWA, Curtin, Adelaide, UNSW)
UCAT: 3080 (98%)
ATAR: 99.65
No special considerations
State: WA

Monash told me I was offered an interview due to other applicants declining their spot, meaning I wasn't actually initially considered despite my ATAR and UCAT.

Winger42

Uni: Monash, UWA, Curtin, UNSW, USyd, and JCU (JCU with a previous actual ATAR of 99.60)
UCAT: 3070 (98%)
ATAR: 99.95
No special considerations
State: SA

Monash also told me yesterday evening that I was offered an interview due to other applicants declining their spot.

Crow

Staff | Junior Doctor
PLEASE NOTE: this is a data only thread. Any posts here that aren't purely for data will either be moved to the appropriate discussion thread or deleted (this is to ensure the thread does not become full of clutter which a) makes it very difficult to collate the data which is very useful for future applicants and b) so that future users can read through the thread to look at the data without having to swim through a sea of other discussion). If you want to quote a post from here and reply to it in the appropriate thread, please click "+Quote" on the post, then go to the appropriate thread and click "Insert quotes". You can alternatively tag the user you'd like to respond to in a forum post as well - either of these are completely encouraged. Thank you!

PiKay

University: previously reported Adelaide, WSU, JMP and UNSW, in addition I got invites from UWA, Curtin and Monash (declined all after Adelaide offer on Jan 10)
Course: (Med or Dent): Med
Percentile rank: 98
VR: 670
DM: 680
QR: 860
AR: 870
Total: 3080
SJ: 597
Predicted ATAR/GPA: not known, hopefully, 99.55
Rural: (yes or no): No
Other Special Considerations: (inc. GWS, EAS, indigenous pathway, Broadway, Monash Guarantee, etc) No

Why Not?

Uni: WSU, UON JMP, Adelaide, Monash, JCU, CSU
Course: Med & Dent
UCAT: 2740 or 83rd Percentile
ATAR: 94.05 (From 2018)
Special considerations: RA2

TKAO

oowah!
Valued Member
University: UWA, Curtin, UAdel, JMP, USyd (dent), UNSW - everything bar JCU, Monash and WSU
Course: Med (for all except USyd)
Percentile rank: 93
VR: 670
DM: 740
QR: 780
AR: 720
Total: 2910
SJ: 566 :p
ATAR: 99.7 (predicted atar of 99.65 used for first round interview offers at UWA and Curtin
State: WA
Other special considerations: WA applicant

JJS

BMedSt/MD
University: Bond
Psychometric Test Invite Received: Yes
ATAR: Not applicable
GPA: Combined GPA from 2 incomplete bachelors: 4.14 and 7 which gave a total rank of approximately 97 according to QTAC
Application Type: Undergraduate

Last edited:

js1213

Interview Invite Received: Yes, 17/2/20
ATAR: 99.15
UCAT: (not relevant, but FYI it was 85th percentile, rip)
Application Type: School Leaver, NSW
Special Considerations: Nope

SapumalG

Interview Invite Recieved: Yes, 17/02/2020
Predicted ATAR/GPA: 96.9 (OP3) - School Leaver
State: Gold Coast, QLD
Other Special Considerations: None

nightwatchman

Bond University BMS/MD
Psychometric Test Invite Received: Yes\
Interview received:
YES @ 17/2 5:00 pm AEST
ATAR: Not applicable
GPA: 6.16 Completed 3 year degree
Application Type: Post grad

JJS

BMedSt/MD
Interview Invite received: yes
ATAR/OP/GPA: Combined GPA from two incomplete bachelors: 4.14 and 7 to give an overall rank of approximately 97.5 (according to QTAC)
Pathway: Undergraduate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.