Registered members with 100+ posts do not see Ads

2020 University of Adelaide Dentistry Admission

room1

Does anyone know how the admission works for UAdel Dent? Have they released how much each section is worth (out of interview, ATAR and UCAT) for offers? And does anyone know what the minimum ATAR required was last year?

umatresults.jpg

About 300 interviews will be sent out in late October based on UCAT score, with sections 1-4 having equal weight and SJT not being used. There will be one round of interviews, which are conducted between late November and early December. Applicants are then ranked by interview performance. UCAT score is used to differentiate applicants with the same interview score, and ATAR/ GPA is used to differentiate applicants with the same UCAT. Offers are then given to the 38 highest-ranking applicants who also meet the subject prerequisites (two science subjects, which can include maths) and minimum ATAR/ GPA (90/ 5.0).

Late addition by A1:
Although I have no info to dispute the above I invite you to read this post as well > Aspiring 2018 Adelaide Dentistry (Undegrad)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that it was a 40/40/20 percent thing where ucat was interview decider and then it is 40% weighting for atar and interview and then 20% for ucat. Then the highest scoring from that weighting will be the places chosen.

Actually now that I think about it, that is probably how med is done and dentistry is done differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

umatresults.jpg

I thought that it was a 40/40/20 percent thing where ucat was interview decider and then it is 40% weighting for atar and interview and then 20% for ucat. Then the highest scoring from that weighting will be the places chosen.

Actually now that I think about it, that is probably how med is done and dentistry is done differently.
I guess all we know for sure about their selection criteria is that everyone who gets to the interview stage has a fair shot at securing an offer (assuming they meet the subject prerequisites and academic hurdle). Last year, the cut-off to receive an interview was 83rd percentile. However, based on MSO data, someone on 83rd and two people on 84th percentile ended up getting a final offer.

It seems unlikely to me that UCAT and ATAR will be used as anything more than tiebreakers, but even if they are, they aren't going to impact your chances anywhere near as much as they would for med at UNSW, Monash, etc.

A1

Admissions Speculator
For the curious minds, enter 314122 into the Search box in this link you see the 46 who got an Adelaide Dent offer via SATAC last year
> https://media.news.com.au/adelaidenow/uni-offers/_offers.html

EtA:
314552 for Adelaide Med (106 offers) - can't find a Trinhcent in there haha
214941 for Flinders Med (62 offers)
114831 for CDU/Flinders Med (15 offers).

Last edited:

Aditya Shiva

Wait so ar you guys saying that the interview is all thats considered for the offer unless a tiebreaker is needed. The admissions guide says "Ranking for offer is based on a combination of scores from these three components weighted as follows:
• Interview results: first ranking level
• UCAT ANZ Results: second ranking level
• Academic results: meets threshold and final ranking level".

edit: After reading the late addition by A1, seems like a compelling case that interview isn't a 100% for entrance.

Last edited:

umatresults.jpg

Attachments